RD125DX

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This popped up on ebay on Tuesday evening and I couldn't resist as it is the exact model and colour of the bike I passed my test on back in 1978. These early DXs with spoke wheels and colour coded mudguards are few and far between.
D56F0151-5B8D-4DF2-97A5-0227DFE614E8-205-00000023721A9530_tmp_zpstvj0aimh.jpeg

Back in 78
IMG_1227_zpsjlulg2kr.jpg

I saw that myself....I am regularly searching 'Yamaha RD' on ebay....(I missed a nice RD400C just before Christmas).....

Nice little thing......:aidan

Very nice Mark, hope it live's up to your expectations.

I have no affinity for my first bike...Kawasaki KH100. YEUCH!
I do keep looking at KMX125's and thinking should I?
But then I look at the GS and think, yeah maybe not.
The KMX was cool at 17, not so much now.

Mark that looks very nice. The air cooled Yams really are getting popular and you should have a nice classic that appreciates well. Just dont expect it to be as fast as you remembered, time dulls the reality especially with today's torquey bikes.

Ooh just spotted the Maxi in the photograph, one of the few cars I have driven with a chocolate gearbox!!!!!

i bought an RD250D, last year and its beautiful but I don't use it much, still happy to look at it and hopefully ride it a bit more this summer :)

Ill say it again very nice. Only need one addition, mirrors so you can see the two blue lines of smoke you leave everywhere. Just like the red arrows.

Beautiful wee bike, takes me back , seems everyone in the day rode a wee jap stroker, had a gt 250 , mates had Rd ees kh,eez , great days , chippy races , hope you have good times on it.

I'm sorry..your front "L" Plate was incorrectly fitted...there should have been a semi-circular cutout at the bottom to prevent contact with the front mudguard....:D

Hard of sight are we?:augie

Hi Mark how are you getting on with the little RD? I keep looking at these a simple classics, have you ridden it much.

I visited this place the other day.
http://www.jemspeedshop.co.uk
They have some nice small strokers and missed a minty RD200!

Back
Top Bottom