Lookin For an R100GS

Have a spare one picked up from Northwood airheads a couple of years back, I think ive seen them on bmwbayer or boxxerparts too.

Reset button rear as rocking horse shit http://www.hendersenprecision.com/indian_moto/bmw_products.html

I've had relatively new tyres that feel quite plasticky after heat cycles on track and other tyres that feel absolutely fine despite being very old, (maybe as stored away from sun and subject to little temperature fluctuation?) so if it were mine...

I'd be leaving the Anakees on and slowly building up the level of trust I put into them.

Unless they felt odd I'd probably then leave them on until worn out.

I've had relatively new tyres that feel quite plasticky after heat cycles on track and other tyres that feel absolutely fine despite being very old, (maybe as stored away from sun and subject to little temperature fluctuation?) so if it were mine...

I'd be leaving the Anakees on and slowly building up the level of trust I put into them.

Unless they felt odd I'd probably then leave them on until worn out.

I think I'll do just that, bed them in and then when road is clear haul on the brakes and see what happens.

Most manufacturers give five years as the max life of road tires, and I for one am happy to take the advice of the folks that make the and know what they are talking about.
The old Anekee one was just a crude T66 four ply off road tire with a fancy tread and was actually piss poor and was replaced buy the A2's which were little better.
The current A3 is a different generation to both and is probably the best 80/20 tire around, with the bonus that they last two to three times as long as everything else except Mitas E 07s
The rules are quite simple if you ride a bike - if you cant afford decent tires dont ride one!

Most manufacturers give five years as the max life of road tires, and I for one am happy to take the advice of the folks that make the and know what they are talking about.
The old Anekee one was just a crude T66 four ply off road tire with a fancy tread and was actually piss poor and was replaced buy the A2's which were little better.
The current A3 is a different generation to both and is probably the best 80/20 tire around, with the bonus that they last two to three times as long as everything else except Mitas E 07s
The rules are quite simple if you ride a bike - if you cant afford decent tires dont ride one!

Must check out the A3 and review what else is there thesedays. Last one i had was on Tourances and seemed fine.

Back
Top Bottom