Lookin For an R100GS

Seven grand and Near Concours with no side stand, wrong front guard and , wrong crash bar, no oil cooler, wrong Y piece, wrong shock, etc all of which might lead you to wonder what the bits you cant see are like.
Best avoided!

Cheers so far guys, only one that comes any way near above is the one in Oz. The 80 is too much hassle as I'd be wanting to change final drive, speedo and of course barrels and Pistons. It has to be pretty much exactly what I've described in first post, a Marrakech red 1991 ish with the Kickstarter and low miles. it's a bit of a sentimental thing plus that colour looks really good to my eye. I'm in no rush so happy to wait for the right one. :thumb2

Seven grand and Near Concours with no side stand, wrong front guard and , wrong crash bar, no oil cooler, wrong Y piece, wrong shock, etc all of which might lead you to wonder what the bits you cant see are like.
Best avoided!

Keihin downpipes as well so no balance pipe, couple that with the y piece and it's going to run like a pile of poo. £600 on the exhaust alone to sort that mess out.

Buy the one here and ride it home. You know it makes sense. :beerjug:

You know what, that daft idea did roll around in my head for a minute or two before I killed it off for various reasons, most of all being work commitments.

Found one here Bill, I can buy and collect it for you if it's any good??
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/d...31&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3500&pageNumber=2

John

Cheers John. Y piece, buggered up heated grips, owner says leaking oil pan, been up for ages on the site last year and was gone presumably sold. Now back up, not sure whats happened to it but over all that time someone must have had a look at it or bought it and returned it. If it were up the road I'd have a look but too many questions to take a gamble on. Owner also didn't let me know about service history when asked so feeding my suspicions. Plus side is low miles( but no history???), colour and that clock is worth a bit on ebay.I've PM'd you too.

How many red ones are there out there? I've no idea but would have thought not that many and with any 25 year old bike you would expect a few faults and deviations from the original spec.. This one appears to have refurbed wheels which is one expensive job out of the way. I do gree that being in Germany does make it a bit of a risky purchase.

How many red ones are there out there? I've no idea but would have thought not that many and with any 25 year old bike you would expect a few faults and deviations from the original spec.. This one appears to have refurbed wheels which is one expensive job out of the way. I do gree that being in Germany does make it a bit of a risky purchase.

Not many red ones, I've seen a couple of bikes over last year or so that were looking very good albeit with wrong colour, one being a very well looked after Blue example with 15,000km on it for €6000. I think its a bit like fishing, wait long enough and you'll get what you want, however always the chance that the hunger will get the better of me and that I'll lower the bar from colour perspective as a colour change doesn't seem such a huge obstacle to me now.

Open to ridiculous offers...genuine 7000 miles

Completely original, two owners from new.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 409
Well, me and Tetley wont be doing a deal so back to the search. Two candidates lined up tomorrow so fingers crossed one of them works out.

Back
Top Bottom