How do i enter coordinates in my 590lm

Davy Doherty

Reaction score
This is doing my head in. I've been given these coordinates exactly like this.
GPS 41o15'54"N. 1o7'24"E
I know where they refer to. But I want to save it in my 590 but no mater which format I chose it won't let me enter them as I have been given them. I hope I'm making sense. And that it's me being an idiot. Any help would be great fellas.
Ps The Wee "o" after the 41 and 1 isn't correct I just can't find the correct font on my iPad.

Think you need to choose one of the correct Garmin formats or check Google for a conversion tool if you don't have these options as shown in the link

http://www.hember.ca/latlong/

Press & hold down the zero on the number keypad & you can choose the degree font. 41°

is it in spain just north east of l'albiol at the end of a dirt track, there appears to be some sort of dwelling close to it called mascorbella i think.

I know where it is. And I can google the coordinates no problem..
The problem is. No mater which format I choose something or other is wrong.
Have any of you managed to enter enter them and could you tell me which format or how I can do it.
41° 15' 54" N 1° 7' 24" E

Thanks leeddude for the tip

Last edited:
I know where it is. And I can google the coordinates no problem..
The problem is. No mater which format I choose something or other is wrong.
Have any of you managed to enter enter them and could you tell me which format or how I can do it.

I had the same problem, so it's not just you, Davy. :rob

i only asked where it was because its litraly in the middle of nowhere and i thought they may be wrong, but to answer your question you can do this two ways,
1 with your nav set at default for coordinates enter it as the pic below.

2 or using base camp, open it and at the top go to find and select locate coordinates and then in the popup that opens type in the coordinates as in the picture, select create waypoint and then you can name it and send it to your nav as a favourite.
hope that helps, but i think those that have been sent to you are not the correct coordinates you want, unless it is the middle of nowhere you are going to.

ps dont forget to alter the N and the E as ness and move them to show as in the pic, same with the numbers.

Attachments

• 26-01-2017 18-17-55.jpg
    26-01-2017 18-17-55.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 160
No still can't get it done. On the 590 there's no way of moving things about. I can get the first North part done. But when it comes to getting the East I can't get it to enter the 1 on its own so it ends up N107° . I've just tried to enter it in my 660 and it's the bloody same problem.. thanks for your patients with me fellas.

41° 15' 54" N 1° 7' 24" E

Exists as a point on God's earth, that's for certain.... Google can find it in under a second, in Spain.

Send an email to Garmin, asking them how to do it.

just entered it in on my 660 no problems at all. and found the exact spot as on the map in base camp. entered exactly as picture

ensure format is set to h ddd mm ss.s and datum wgs 84 and enter 00 before 1 degree

and just to prove it can be done, this was on my 660.

Attachments

• IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 240
Just entered it in my 590 took me about 5 min it appears to be near a track north of Tarragona in Spain 41o15'54"N. 1o7'24"E I put it in as N41'15.540 - E001'07.240 format was top selection h ddd mm.mmm"

this is for the 660.

switch on then tap where to.
select coordinates
select format and set it to, h ddd mm ss.s
ensure datum is set to wgs 84
ok
enter your coordinates as you see them in my first picture
ok
now once you have done that and it has found it, you can then use the recently found function to look up the coordinates again and save as a favourite if you so wish

hope this helps.

Got it. Jezz I made hard work of that thanks for your patience lads. Especially leedude.... who needs google when we have you guys..

Back
Top Bottom