Nav 5, Schuberth E1 (size 59) with Sena 10U - anyone got this set-up?

AndyR34

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

After a bit of digging around and trying new lids on, I'm just about to make a decision whether to buy the offered matt black Schuberth E1 with Sena 10U for a pretty good price from Motolegends (£630 ish all in!) and before I do I was wondering if anyone has the same set up (with a Nav 5/GSA TE LC), and if they do... any pros or cons?

Pros for me - this price (!), compact nature of comms (incl shorter mike boom), Bluetooth 4.1 for relative futureproofing and useability.

Cons I've read about - smaller helmet shell can make fitting/lasting fit a pain in the lower neck, reduced length boom can create background noise on 'transmit', Remote Control Unit is hard to mount around the LH handlebar (fog light unit and rotary controller get in way?).

Soooo,

Anyone got any views?

TIA :thumb2

Andy

Personal Expereince

Andy

Just picked up your post. I run Shu C3 plus the Sena 10 U on my 1200GS LC. Also, have drift Ghost attached to side with different mic. Longest run I did was a 15-hour run direct to Northern Italy from UK and served me well

Pros
  • When it works the sound quality in call excellent. Little road noise
  • Speaker sound is good and loud
  • Same on intercom
  • Music Excellent – run through I phone 6 not via Nav 5
  • Comfier than Shu OEM neck strangler
  • Buttons in helmet not bad to use
  • Remote fiddly to fit on bars but once done works will for the basics
  • Forgotten to take it off a few times but got away with it
  • Battery life excellent on 10U and remote

Cons
  • Nav 5 directions come through pretty low or Sh*T not the sena but NAV5 fault
  • Boom Mike is short and if not fixed down properly comes away with cheek padding. Will try to show photo
  • Speakers fit is ok and I can feel them on a size 63 after 3 hours. You need patience in fitting I don’t have it
  • Electronics at base of neck you can feel if you are really fussy but not that bad as Schu strangle collar
  • Set up make sure you follow sequence on paring. Nav 5 first!!
  • Does drop phone now and then and have to repeat re pair usually after Nav5 update

Have been hyper critical and glad I have it. Had autocom set up in past and wouldn’t go back. Most threads I have read poor quality sound is not the intercom but Nav5. I am replacing it next few weeks like for like when new lid arrives (post crash before xmas)
Hope it helps
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2340.JPG
    IMG_2340.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2341.JPG
    IMG_2341.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2344.JPG
    IMG_2344.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2343.JPG
    IMG_2343.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 126
Quick question. I'm trying to fit the Cardo G9x, and one of the issues I'm having is with the nearest ear piece. It seems very short. So the side away from the mic is fine, but the one closest only has about a 2 inch wire, which by the time it's gone over the neck cowl means it's really short.

Back
Top Bottom