Advice please

Rockred

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a new comms set up with Bluetooth. I have the Nav 5 and a Shoei Neo tec helmet and Samsung note phone. I have been reading mixed reports on the Sena 20, (probably over kill for me ) so now I'm totally confused. My priority is hearing the Sat Nav and taking the odd call, not bothered about music or radio. Also has to be idiot proof.

Thanks in advance.

Hi bud

I have sena20s with Neo tec and on my x tour. Best set up I have found for me:

Pair sena with Nav V also pair phone with Nav V, that way you take your calls through the Nav 5 no banging the side of your head trying to find the phone button.
Two tips, rename your Nav V to a shorter name than one that's in will be quite a long string and can confuse some Bluetooth devices.

When using the sena on the bike make sure your phone has deleted its Bluetooth connection to the sena otherwise the Nav V and sena compete with each other to connect.

Works great and the connection to my buddy works great as well.

Hope that makes sense.

None of the Bluetooth stuff is completely idiot proof but I found the sena stuff a lot easy to set up than the Scala stuff IMHO.

Thanks Roadcraft Rider. It looks like the Sena 20 then......:thumb2

I have a Nav V, an iPhone 6, and a Sena 20s on my helmet and a 10 on my pillion's helmet.

I can thoroughly recommend the Sena stuff. Works well and the sound quality is excellent

p.s. The Sena kit is mounted on my Schuberth C3 Pro and my pillion's Neotech. The fitting to the Neotech was really easy. Slightly harder to fit to the Schuberth until I ditched the clamp and used the sticky pad aleternative fixings

have you considered the 10U? Very compact and sits completely inside the helmet. I also have a neotec. Works with NavV as well as with my Galaxy S7.

I have the Sena 20S. Really good stuff, whenever I take a call the person I am talking to says I am clear as day, with iPhone 6
FM radio works great.
Just got a new rider 400 so need to pair that also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Btw, used the sticky pad, at first I was a bit dubious but it's stuck fast for nearly a year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When using the sena on the bike make sure your phone has deleted its Bluetooth connection to the sena otherwise the Nav V and sena compete with each other to connect.

Genius.....:bow thanks for this comment.:thumby: I have the F5MC and was getting some issues between the Nav5 and phone.:beerjug:

Thanks for all the replies chaps. Much appreciated....:beerjug:

I used a wired Autocom for nearly 10 years and thought it were time for a change when I bought my new bike last year. Was a bit sceptical myself as I too had read mixed reviews but I took the plunge and went for a 20S dual kit. I haven't bothered trying to work out all the features but it does what I want, which is comms/phone/sat nav, and it does it well.

If you don't want to try to chat to friends via Bluetooth intercom, you could try something like the Scala Rider QZ.

"The scala rider Qz is perfect for the solo rider providing Bluetooth connectivity to mobile phones, MP3 and GPS. Great audio and voice commands will keep riders safe and entertained wherever they go."

You'll save yourself £160 too. It's what I'd have bought if it had been around when I bought my Scala G9x as I don't use any of the additional premium features.

If you want to talk to a pillion you could get the slightly more expensive Scala Q1 and for the price of a Sena 20S, you could buy a pre-matched pillion pair.

Whichever you go with, pair your headset with the Nav V and your phone to the Nav V. Then you can control everything from the Nav V as Roadcraft-Rider says above. Much better.

Thanks Wonkey for the link...:thumb2 I tried Nippys site but could not find any comms, strange I thought.

Thanks Wonkey for the link...:thumb2 I tried Nippys site but could not find any comms, strange I thought.

Sam at chain-speed also sells Sena at a good price, and he's a god when it comes to bike comm's. sports bike shop do have the odd 10 and 20% discount now and again though.

Motolegends are offering their "Price beating and Discount Offer" and they do Sena gear too, I got a good deal on a Schuberth E1 & Sena 10U.

Link's on their homepage and it's got to be worth a go...:thumby:

Andy

Back
Top Bottom