KTM 1190/1290 Side stand relocater

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello 1190/1290 Adventure owners. Like the KTM 950's, the side stand on our bikes is attached to the engine, with all the potential for disaster that entails. Like the 950, Black Dog Cycle Works do a side stand relocater kit, and I'm sure it works very well - the only problem is, it's $195 of Mr Trump's new dollars, plus shipping, VAT, import duty and the tenner that the thieving couriers slap on as an "admin fee".

Prompted by Timolgra of this parish, I contacted 21 Brothers in Poland. They make a relocator kit for the 990 for €24. They don't do one for the 1190 - but they would if enough interest.

So - any one interested?

What's the actual issue with the current location?

It's mounted directly to the engine. If the bike goes down on that side and the stand hits something solid it punches straight through the engine case.

OK, that's 10 on this forum in a day! I've emailed 21B, I'll update when I here back, but in the meantime keep adding expression of interest here - the more potential order we have the more change they'll make one.

Right, the 21B chaps are keen to go ahead - but they're just off on a 3 week trip to Morocco, so expect a bit of a hiatus till they are back. Meantime still keep posting interest up here. When they are back, I'll get an idea on price (it may be more than the 9*0 one as it's a bit more complicated), then we can work out if there's a group buy deal to be had, or if we all just order off the website

Back
Top Bottom