Psssst,don't tell the wife!!

Was thinking more about the Edinburgh as a starter . . . . At least it's reasonably local . . . . Would I be OK on the Husky do think?
What are regs re tyres?

If it's under 450cc then you'll need trials tyres like the Pirelli MT43, although I'll be using these anyway as they're good.

If your bike is over 450cc then you can use something like a TKC80 but nothing more aggressive. Although, you can do it on road tyres and get extra allowances for dabbing after the start/restart lines.

Edinburgh isn't until October. Lands End entry opens on Monday. The Exeter is tonight and tomorrow.

Perhaps we should start an MCC Trials thread in the Trials section?

As for the bike, it'll be fine. I've done it on my G/S and my Beta Alp. I did my first one on the G/S having only ridden off road 3 times, so any bike is fine, it's down to your ability. My ability was shocking 1st time out, but I think I've got a bit better now. :nenau

I must be one of the worlds most "unmechanical" people so to watch you rebuild that is simply amazing .... great stuff !:clap:clap:clap

If it's under 450cc then you'll need trials tyres like the Pirelli MT43, although I'll be using these anyway as they're good.

If your bike is over 450cc then you can use something like a TKC80 but nothing more aggressive. Although, you can do it on road tyres and get extra allowances for dabbing after the start/restart lines.

Edinburgh isn't until October. Lands End entry opens on Monday. The Exeter is tonight and tomorrow.

Perhaps we should start an MCC Trials thread in the Trials section?

As for the bike, it'll be fine. I've done it on my G/S and my Beta Alp. I did my first one on the G/S having only ridden off road 3 times, so any bike is fine, it's down to your ability. My ability was shocking 1st time out, but I think I've got a bit better now. :nenau

Thanks for this David:thumb2

I know it's my bike, but a year on and I have to say I still love it.

The engine has now settled and is really smooth. Out laning on Sunday and the bike was just fantastic. Doesn't miss a beat and is very tolerant of my poor ability. It bimbles at walking pace in second gear, waiting to be opened up for a hill or when the rut finishes.

It's such a great bike and a testament to Mike's skills. If I'm just nipping out, it's the bike I go for first out of the garage. It's such a grin provider.

Can't wait for our trip to Catalonia in the Autumn. :thumb2

Sounds very reasonable .

One day, when I have room in the garage.....

As Mike says, he has the ST build just starting. It's better to get on board at the beginning of a build so you can spec it how you want. You also feel more part of the build as you can choose many of the parts that make a difference, with Mike's guidance.

And, you'll have a year to find room whilst the build progresses!

And so it continues ...

When Mikeyboy set to work on the original build, it was understood that this would be a work in progress.

Credit to Mikeyboy, this has taken 5 years of riding for me to decide what changes I need to the bike.

First thing, the petrol tank. Although Mistacat did a first rate job of getting the cap I chose to fit, the tank was from Royal Enfield and was as close a fit to what we wanted at the time, to fit in with the timescales of the build, and the cost at the time.

When the Beer Mat project went into production, Tetley and Magnon had really nice tanks designed and Mike ordered another one to be built at the same time, which I now have to go on my bike.

Next up, rear brake. With using a rod brake, there is a risk that when the suspension is compressed, the brake will come on. I didn't think much to this as I have a gentle riding style. (if something looks hard, I don't do it) however, it did once manage to lock up, stall the engine and nearly send me over the bars. Shortly after the original build, I bought the cable kit from Richard Moore Esq., so this is going to be fitted.

Saddle - the bike has had several iterations of saddle, the last one being a 'quick and temporary' fix for the holiday in Spain, which Tetley kindly did for me. This has lasted longer than we'd all thought, given how thin and uncomfortable it has been. So I'm hoping to get a saddle something like Tetley and Magnon's as they seem really plush.

Lastly, a coat of paint. It's all coming apart so it's going to get cleaned blasted and a new coat of paint. Possibly in a new colour!!!

IMG_7799.jpgIMG_7800.jpg

White and red

Attachments

• 74462A53-3105-41F6-8052-97632DC73CCA.jpeg
    74462A53-3105-41F6-8052-97632DC73CCA.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 29
  • E41A640D-DB2A-4AAD-9411-900D223ABDFC.jpeg
    E41A640D-DB2A-4AAD-9411-900D223ABDFC.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom