Somewhere between Santander an Pyrenees

At €120 for the cheapest room I should hope so! :)

I've stopped for a coffee at the Monasterio del Leyre and it was crawling with [strike]happy clappies[/strike] earnest pilgrims on the Way of St James to Santiago de Compostela - what's the accommodation like in that respect?

Regs

Simon

Yeah, it's a one night stand place but worth every peseta .......

At €120 for the cheapest room I should hope so! :)

I've stopped for a coffee at the Monasterio del Leyre and it was crawling with [strike]happy clappies[/strike] earnest pilgrims on the Way of St James to Santiago de Compostela - what's the accommodation like in that respect?

Regs

Simon

Accommodation is BASIC but none the worse for that, no AC but as the walls are about six foot thick temperature was fine end of August, no TV in room but so what?
Restaurant was basic but good service and excellent food (I'm sure I mentioned the caviar!) Wine is inexpensive - we bought the most costly and it was less than 25euro IIRC. Guests were a mixture but you certainly won't find any rowdiness, all friendly even if you suspect some of the parents abuse their kids (by making them come on the long 'pilgrimage' I mean).
Its a place that I would certainly revisit.
Room was 28 euro I think.

JP

Where did you book in Broto?

I stayed at Hotel Sorrosal was spot on, not expensive very clean with parking really friendly.
I can also recommend Pizzeria le Tea spent an evening in there was not disappointed.

Lets face it there isn't much to do in Broto, but sit in the bar, have a beer and watch the odd car and bike go by.

I remember the ride from Biescas was great, but my Go pro decided to turn itself off after 20 seconds so was gutted to lose the footage.
Torla Ordessa is also worth a visit

Thanks to all. So far we've booked Zarautz, Escalona, Broto, and Sort. We're now working on the next phase.

When will you be in Sort? My summer base is just outside La Pobla de Segur, fifteen minutes away if you wanted to meet up for a beer - or better stay in la Pobla where i could have a real beer with you! - the Fonda Can Fasersia is great value (but note that the cheap rooms are very basic, or the Hotel Solé is more conventional and has parking, ott that you really need this at either places.

Regs

Simon

My only reason for being disappointed with Pamplona was the lack of choice in restaurants. In general, I've found that the smaller towns tend to have a better choice of "proper" Spanish restaurants. Just an observation.

I've been a few times...kind of agree.....smaller towns is my choice too.

:)

Back
Top Bottom