won't idle

ddtwelve

Reaction score
well came to try and start the blue whale today no luck battery nearly dead put on trickle charger for a couple hours but it eventually started sounded like a bag of bolts running wouldn't idle so put some new fuel in on top of 1/4 tank there was and by this time had started her 3 times to get to petrol station so battery OK still chugging thou after 10mile ride 29/1/17
well run bike to work bike still not idling after 13 mile trip had to start her 6 times hope it's just the fuel

There is some sequence you can do to reset whatever throttle bodies or something turn on for a few minutes and open throttle 3 times someone will tell you. JJH

Wait till a expert comes along. I'm not saying that's the problem but it's worth a try. Jjh

done the throttle reset also stuck some fuel stabiliser in still the same won't tick over and guzzling fuel

took the battery off for 10 mins to hopefully reset ecu but that didn't work either at a total loss why it's so bad

bit the bullet after putting in another 10 quids worth of fuel and injector cleaner took it to bmw to have it diagnosed turns out the tps is broken reading 14% all the time so a new one at £96 plus fitting and diagnosis comes just shy of £200 thank God for a warrantee if they pay up

further investigation into the tps module I've found a PDF file on here that shows how to clean and test the tps ..
looking at my old one which bmw gave back to me looks like the rubber sealing ring has gone hard and maybe letting water in so when I've got time I'll repair my spare and have it for a rainy day

all fixed £180 to sort at bmw ridden about 200miles so far alls good except comming to rest at junctions etc bike occasionally feels like it's going to stall ...mpg back up to 42mpg just wondering if o2 sensors are caked in carbon from the richness of the original fault

Back
Top Bottom