Video Storage On A Trip

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, I'm new to this video recording thing so be gentle! :bow I'm going to buy a new go pro 5 soon and will be using it on my travels. Now, my question is, if you're away for a 6 week trip and use the camera every day obviously the storage card will get full pretty quick. What other equipment would I need to take to download the days events? :nenau Is it something like an external hard drive? If so what capacity etc...
Would I need a small lap top / note book thing to do the transfer? I'm not that clever with puters!:blast :D
Thanks. :thumb2

All you will need is a separate hard drive and/or a small laptop /notebook of sorts. I would go for at least a 1TB (terabyte) separate hard drive or the equivalent internal hard drive if you are just taking a mini laptop. Just create a folder, give it a name then 'copy & paste'.

This may help... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lluk26qiNXw

A consideration will be the machine you plan to do your editing on. If you shoot in the highest quality you will obviously need more storage but your editing hardware may not be able to cope.

Worth experimenting with a few edits at different qualities before your trip to make sure you do not come back with footage you can't use.

For me I take a laptop and share the files between it and the camera.

Take several large memory cards and be more selective in what you film.

Back
Top Bottom