Shipping...

Nice on Mike. Cheesy mentioned you were off again and it's on a trip i'm looking at doing this time next year. Was going to do it this year, but work and an injury put a delay on it. Going by what a mate of mine said t'other day, NZ's experiencing one of it's worst summers on record, so i'm rather glad I didn't make it this year. Hope it doesn't rain too much on you Bud.

Regarding flights, i'm most likely going to use Air New Zealand and fly Premium Economy, due to my 6'6" not wanting to be squeezed into an economy seat. Interestingly, for anyone planning a NZ flight, flying direct with a few hours stop over in LA costs quite a bit more than flying on a multistop ticket. LHR to LAX, have a day or two break, LAX to AUK and the same on the return costs around the same, so breaks the journey up, which might make the flight more tolerable.... or not. :thumb2

Should've said it costs about the same to do the stop over, once you've factored in the extra night(s) accommodation costs. Last time I priced it up, I could fly, take two nights in LA and it saved me £300 on my flight cost by booking a multi-stop ticket, rather than a return.

Only just seen this post Mike. It is now on my must look list. Have a great trip, and thanks for taking the time to update us on your progress. The photos are first class.:popcorn

I'm tempted to say EJ - simply because of his number plate - which would probably make it 1963...

Hey! I remember this game ....

(Hi Mike. I'm back. Not for long though.... Motofreight to Anchorage in June...)

Back
Top Bottom