Road Biased Tyres - 800GSA

JoeC

rebircsbuS
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Most of the tyre websites I go on come up with knobbly type tyres for the 800GSA but I want more road focused tyres. What do people use? I do 10K miles a year so after longevity.

Cheers
Joe

JoeC The Pirelli Scorpions that came with my First adventure were fine on the road and did around 12k .. with a bit to spare before I changed them for Conti Trail attack 2 ( I think) . Just changed the tyres on my newer F800 adv Battle wings 10.5 K ( at least 4 to 5 K) left on the back for a set of Anakee 3's all the above are more road based than off road . hope this helps ,it also depends on riding styles etc .

My mate put 40,000kms on one and would use nothing but Metzler Tourance Next.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Anakee's seem very nice and last for many miles. However can also highly recommend the Avon Trailriders

Conti TA 2's are the way to go. Fantastic grip wet and dry plus longevity is good. 8k miles out of a rear on my KTM 1190Adv and it'll possibly be more from my Africa Twin with its lower power output.

Attachments

• IMG_2202.jpg
    IMG_2202.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 321
Conti TA 2's are the way to go. Fantastic grip wet and dry plus longevity is good. 8k miles out of a rear on my KTM 1190Adv and it'll possibly be more from my Africa Twin with its lower power output.

What he said. I always use TA2's on the 800GSA. Nice balance of grip and longevity.

We use a Chesterfield based independent who delivers to you and fits. Top man and a very good mechanic. Not sure if he gets out as far as you. Probably does but if not he'll sort something for you.

PM me if you want his details.

Think I will go with the Conti TA2's ... this place prices seems to be OK. Biggest thing I am finding is people not having tyres in stock.
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...3&moto_type=E8GS&hersuchen=Show+list+of+types

I had the conti tyres on a R1200GSA and suffered with a slight low speed weave on the front, the OEM scorpions on the F800GS suffered with a bad wobble through the bars on a closed throttle at about 50mph.

I changed to Anakee 3s on both bikes and the problems were gone so if you get any weave or wobble from the front after changing tyres its not the bike.

Back
Top Bottom