The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Oh yes,it's your favourite time.

I know how you all enjoyed the Africa Twin thread so much,especially Engineer and his blinkered chums

Anyway,my KTM dealer told me today that my new 1290R is being built next week and should reach here end Feb or very early March,so should definitely have it in the next 4 weeks.

It's a keeper !!! At least till the end of April !!

32acf77299004b021a2b8fa7ba7fda73.jpg
559feab6c756a8beaf9cd4248304fd04.jpg
d63331c53c0c694d884cef5db493c3dd.jpg

Are you bored yet ????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The headlights look like Jeff Goldblum after he turned into a fly. :barf

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 2,315
I'll be interested to know what you think of it,it looks the dogs danglers !

Oh god, it's growing on me. :eek:

Slightly.:D

Love the looks....bar the headlight. However, after seeing the new 1290 SD and it's new lights, this is starting to look better.

Enjoy when it comes :beerjug:

The headlights are shocking, they look like a robots fanny!!

I like the headlight :)

But please, please, please don't spoil it by fitting one of those god awful Akras.

Andres

PS Or wear a flip front lid on it.......

I like the headlight :)

But please, please, please don't spoil it by fitting one of those god awful Akras.

Andres

PS Or wear a flip front lid on it.......

Yeah but KTM and Akra have worked together for years and Akras always work well with them.Anything else just isn't right !!!

It's like you have to fit a Yoshi on a Suzuki and a Termi on a Ducati !!

And I'll be wearing my carbon lid on it,mostly.That ok,hippy ?

Oh god, it's growing on me. :eek:

Slightly.:D

Premier Bikes is only an hour or so from you !!!

Just think-you could have a bike that made proper power,didn't need the paint job finishing because the factory couldn't be arsed,and it won't need a new engine by the summer......
grinning-smiley-010.gif

Enjoy the KTM - will be very tempted by the S in a year or two myself :beerjug:

Hopefully any bugs with KTM's first attempt at keyless ignition and fancy new clocks will have been ironed out by then ;)

...............PS - Akra looks shite :p

I think the bike looks great and I do like that colour scheme - sadly too tall for me, but my 1290SA suits me very well :aidan

That will be a phenomenal bike !

Yes I think it is missing something under the headlight and I don't particularly like the colour scheme and would look to a Yoshi rather than a Akra but that engine with decent WP suspenders and a comfy riding position will make it bloody nice to ride.

I hope the build quality is up to the standard of KTM of a couple of years ago

When i tire of the best bike (XR) one of those could well be on my list

I'm definitely interested in this!! What a machine it will be, looking forward to a test ride when they are out!

Just think-you could have a bike that made proper power,didn't need the paint job finishing because the factory couldn't be arsed,and it won't need a new engine by the summer

I have one already. It's called the S1000XR.;)

I'm off out on my "Classic" 1190R in a bit....

...In my flip front :dabone

Fabulous bike Arsey BTW :thumb2

Well, I have no input re better/best, but to anthrophmorphise the looks, the front view makes it look sad / apologetic:D Cheers:beerjug:John B

I have one already. It's called the S1000XR.;)

I guess its a good bike if you want something fast to blat between Surry latte houses.:blast

But you can't really say it has any character,unless you count the vibes (Oops-forgot,BMW made you a special bike without any.Vibes that were so bad on every other XR that they redesigned the bike for 2017)

The reason some of us ride KTMs is because they have a certain something,call it character,call it what you will....

No inline 4 really has it,though the MT10 with that glorious cross-plane motor certainly did have something.

I just like V twins,which is why probably 90% of my bikes in the last 15 years have been twins,mainly Vs.

My favourite playgrounds are the Alps and Pyrenees and I just love the way you can roll on and off the throttle on a big V twin,and let the engine braking do the work for you-something I missed when I took my MT10 for a 3000 mile mountainous blat last September.I also like the 21/18 wheel setup for feel and turn in on tight hairpins.

I don't need 160+bhp that the 1290R will provide-the 95 ish on my 950 Super Enduro is plenty,but it'll be fun.

Think of the 1290R as taking the best bits from your GSA and XR and combining it into one bike.

Fuck knows if I'll like it,but my hunches are normally good....

Back
Top Bottom