The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

You're focussing on the figures too much. Look at the graph, and the amount of torque that has been released down low. The bike is a whole new beast.

Sorry boss, you are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely and smooth, just how it should be :)

Still down compared to the iconic 1190 after a 'Hilltop' though.......................................never mind though, the 1290 has a TFT display and can show you what tracks are playing on your iPod :D

Andres

How much is a 'Hilltop"?

Had my 1190 Adv R done by Geoff a month ago following a BM that he did for me years ago. Really pleased with the results as it is super smooth now. Also changed from a 17:42 to a 17:44 ratio which for me makes it much more useable in the real world i.e traffic, will still allow it to travel at seriously license vaporising speeds if that's your thing and works better on green lanes. Basically a total result.

And here's mine from today; a cheeky hiding pony released, and a few torques too...

16941022facec48a3a6867c1c5b3ef1d.jpg

Is that a standard 1290 S/R?

You have at least 15 bhp more than my results. Wonder is the dyno was reading low when I had mine done in June.

You have at least 15 bhp more than my results. Wonder is the dyno was reading low when I had mine done in June.

2015 1290 SA (T)....standard headers (with cat) & remus hexacone end can.

A quick update on the 1290R,should anybody still give the slightest flying fuck !!
I’ve only really used my bike for 2 trips since April as I prefer my other bikes for local pottering.
But I’ve just done a 2700 mile blat down to Portugal and back and the mileage is now nudging 6000.
These are the stats from this trip :

7456670ef23ac19158f62d6021fe8814.jpg

I’m pretty pleased with 54 mpg,not that fuel consumption is a priority.Fuel range was steady at about 250 miles to empty with fill ups normally done after about 210 miles ,and normally still about a gallon left.....

The trip consisted of a 700 mile blat down the autoroute/autovia to Asturias,then about 1300 miles on back roads around Picos/Asturias/northern Portugal followed by 450 miles back up the autoroute,and then the final 250 on back roads through Brittany.

The bike was caned pretty hard in Spain and performed faultlessly the whole trip.

Comfort was great,with the Power Parts ergo heated seat being all day comfortable.The standard R screen is fine,with no buffeting,but just clean airflow over the rider.I used to get a tightening in the shoulder blades on my 950 Super Enduro,but no discomfort at all on the 1290R.I’m 6’1”.

The TFT screen is brilliant with the shortcuts set up for heated grips and seat.

The ability to see what music is playing and to answer calls using the left switch gear works very well.

Handling was fantastic ,with the Conti TA2s providing loads of grips and feedback.There’s still some life left in the rear despite nearly 6000 miles clocked up,which is more than I got with my SuperEnduro on the same tyres-bizarre.
I never reached the limit of grip,despite feeling like cranking over any more would have the bike off the edges-the roads in Asturias really are out of this world.

We did some mucking around and the 1290 left the LC GS for dead in roll-on tests in 3rd ands 4th and also left a Multistrada,though he reckons the fuelling isn’t quite right with it.

To be honest,the bike has more power than I can ever use much of the time !!

A mate bought a 1290S at the same time I got my R.He has since bought an R and prefers it,including the handling,even with the 21/18 wheels.

The screen set up seems better on the R too-Nutty has ditched the S screen for the R version.

If anybody is dithering over buying a 1290,be it the S or the R,I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

It’s a very good bike.Might even keep mine a bit longer !! :)

Needs a wash though

2a257d9acc2b28b2e208084ae28a4794.jpg

To be honest,the bike has more power than I can ever use much of the time !!
]

Glad your still enjoying your bike, but that statement is exactly how I feel about the GT, it's great for overtaking a line of traffic, but has way too much power and will spin the rear up out of hairpin bends in the dry.

Blame Euro 4 for that, as Keith's bike is Euro 3. Although it has more BHP, the torque is slightly lower than on my EU4 bike. Not that I'd be able to notice!:p

I'm loving my S, now got 5000 miles on the clock. If anyone wants a Rallye, drop me a PM.:augie:D

Blame Euro 4 for that, as Keith's bike is Euro 3. Although it has more BHP, the torque is slightly lower than on my EU4 bike. Not that I'd be able to notice!:p

And when you change again in 2019, it'll be euro 6 or 7 and then you'll be able to walk faster ;) :p :green gri :D

I'm loving my S, now got 5000 miles on the clock. If anyone wants a Rallye, drop me a PM.:augie:D

Yep - me too - S with an R screen and Grip Buddies, tyres recently swapped to Conti Road Attacks - 5,000 miles of very happy hooning.

P.S. - How much are you offering to pay to get the Rallye taken away :p:p :aidan

And here's mine from today; a cheeky hiding pony released, and a few torques too...

16941022facec48a3a6867c1c5b3ef1d.jpg

had my S done just before christmas - similar results. but my power was way down on yours. bike is standard, waiting for a can. It's much much smoother now

bhp - 123 to 139.9
torques - 76 to 96

Back
Top Bottom