The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

That's what I was told....some first bikes had fuel pumps replaced.

I'm going from memory with the GS so I'll look for the maps, they're about somewhere. Nearly three years ago!

Arsey;4729228g No fuel pump issues with 1290s. What you on about ?[/QUOTE said:
I've been watching for ages but finally joined the forum, It's my first post but I'm not a troll.

Dedicated KTM owner, I've owned one GS and that put me off, most recently 1190 adv s, then a 1290 GT and waiting for delivery of 1290 Adv S. Plus still got a very well used 690 and a 400, only explaining this due to the negative information I'm posting below and contradicting a well established member.

Sad to say there is a fuel pump issue as just this week my mate had a 1290 Adv running badly and as soon as he took it back he was told "that'll be the fuel pump as the factory have had a bad batch"

It seems strange to me that this 160 BHP monster engine, actually seems to be nearly 40% down on this figure and not far off 30% down after hilltop have played with it.
However torque is the real reason we love twins, well for me anyway, but the torque figs for Arseys bike were very low too, actually lower than my single cam hexhead :eek: which could be why you won't find the torque figs on the KTM website....:nenau or as has been said before Arsey has a duffer.........:D

It seems strange to me that this 160 BHP monster engine, actually seems to be nearly 40% down on this figure and not far off 30% down after hilltop have played with it.
However torque is the real reason we love twins, well for me anyway, but the torque figs for Arseys bike were very low too, actually lower than my single cam hexhead :eek: which could be why you won't find the torque figs on the KTM website....:nenau or as has been said before Arsey has a duffer.........:D

When looking at the 1290 Adventure the torque figures aren't in the headline blurb but are further down in the waffle

Admittedly I only did about 30 miles on the 1290S that I took for a test ride and I didn't rag it because the limiter was set low until it had the first service but it still felt as if there was more power and torque available than I get from my 1190 which I rode home immediately after the test.

Maybe my 1190 is a duffer :blast

Well if mines a duffer, what does that make Giles's ??

OK, so there's some disappointing figures being bandied about, but are any of the owners disappointed with their new steeds ?

I'm guessing no......:rob

OK, so there's some disappointing figures being bandied about, but are any of the owners disappointed with their new steeds ?

I'm guessing no......:rob

Love it !! And newest steed makes fuck all power . Who cares ! The 1290 is way quicker than any other adventure bike I've ridden .

Love it !! And newest steed makes fuck all power . Who cares ! The 1290 is way quicker than any other adventure bike I've ridden .

Exactly. The second you ride the 1290, it's apparent how much more power/ torque it has than any GS. Which is why I questioned the new dyno a few pages back. I'll be booking mine in at a local firm to do some independent dyno runs shortly after I get back from the US next week.

I again had a look at the 1290 SA T. The standard KTM panniers looks no to spacious on the exhaust side. Less than the GSA I guess. You probably have to go for aftermarket panniers. Anybody using the KTM panniers touring with a pillion?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Most GSs are making about 115/116 post Hilltop.
Have you got the graph to back up your 125ish or are you just guessing ?

No fuel pump issues with 1290s. What you on about ?

Here you go. Somewhat short of the 125 I remember. BMW claim 125bhp, after Hiltop 115bhp. But that's 115 at the back wheel, which I seem to remember Geoff saying would be circa 125 at the crank, ish. Happy to be corrected as I'm no expert. That may be where I got the 125 from.

The 1290 Ktm claim is 160, presumably at the crank. If someone can work that out as a back wheel figure I guess that's THE stat to compare to what you've got. Either way I reckon you should get your fuel pump changed under warranty :augie

Attachments

• GS Dyno (2).jpg
    GS Dyno (2).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 337
Just as something amusing, I took a test ride on an S1000XR yesterday. Now that is a quick bike....hell and fire!! Sadly it was the shortest test ride I've ever had - the vibes were just ridiculous! Hands, feet, backside. Complete rubbish. How BMW can make what's obviously a brilliant bike so bad is utterly beyond me. Terrible. :blast

Edit: It was the supposedly 'fixed' 2017 model, in case that makes a difference.

Just as something amusing, I took a test ride on an S1000XR yesterday. Now that is a quick bike....hell and fire!! Sadly it was the shortest test ride I've ever had - the vibes were just ridiculous! Hands, feet, backside. Complete rubbish. How BMW can make what's obviously a brilliant bike so bad is utterly beyond me. Terrible. :blast

Edit: It was the supposedly 'fixed' 2017 model, in case that makes a difference.

I think you've posted this in the wrong section.......:blast

I think you've posted this in the wrong section.......:blast

No.

It's to make 1290 owners feel better. Better to have less power and less vibes than more power with more vibes. All very relevant to this thread. :aidan

Don't worry about them, they're big boys, they can take it. Any way, they've all spent 15k plus on these bikes, that alone will convince them that they are faster, better handling,etc etc........:D
It's what we all do..........

No.

It's to make 1290 owners feel better. Better to have less power and less vibes than more power with more vibes. All very relevant to this thread. :aidan

I chopped my XR in for the 1290S, and am glad I made the move. No, the 1290 isn't as quick, but for the sort of roads I like to ride down (gravelly, pot holed knarly white roads sometimes with grass down the middle), the KTM is the better bike. I couldn't physically ride my XR down the same roads as fast as the KTM, as the suspension on the orange bike is far superior.

Back
Top Bottom