The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

So, like Arsey you now have a similar mid range to a Hilltop'd 1190, lovely fuelling like a Hilltop'd 1190 & peak power that is well down on a Hilltop'd 1190.............

Poor Cato will be turning in his grave :D :D :D

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :blast

Andres

PS Aresy, I've never said Akra's are shite, well not performance wise (although they don't add anything to the performance), they just LOOK shite :D

Well they look shite in your eyes !
So you stick with vanity and your fabulous Wings and sod the performance drop !!

I bet Giles has been crying in his tent, not only is it pissing down but his bike is slower than the old one and it just cost him £300-£400 to find out

So has Nutty got the real deal !

Reading this I'm glad I've not rushed to be the 1st with the new model, I've never considered remapping my 1190R as I love it's addictive power delivery that comes in 2 steps, a linear power delivery is fine for micro controlling the throttle but I like a bike to harden and rush, it gives more of a sense of acceleration. If you have ever ridden a race tuned 250 2 stroke you'll know what I'm getting at, it demands more attention and respect. I will be holding on to mine until I'm sure that the new model is worthy of changing to and I couldn't give a toss about TFT displays and such like.

Reading this I'm glad I've not rushed to be the 1st with the new model, I've never considered remapping my 1190R as I love it's addictive power delivery that comes in 2 steps, a linear power delivery is fine for micro controlling the throttle but I like a bike to harden and rush, it gives more of a sense of acceleration. If you have ever ridden a race tuned 250 2 stroke you'll know what I'm getting at, it demands more attention and respect. I will be holding on to mine until I'm sure that the new model is worthy of changing to and I couldn't give a toss about TFT displays and such like.

The LC-GS has a TFT, its called Garmin. It has all the data from the bike + the benefit of being a Satnav as well.

So, like Arsey you now have a similar mid range to a Hilltop'd 1190, lovely fuelling like a Hilltop'd 1190 & peak power that is well down on a Hilltop'd 1190.............

Poor Cato will be turning in his grave :D :D :D

Giles has put pen to paper :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 367
Ha ha ....
You're all getting hung up on numbers ...
They mean feck all (well at least they do to me)
For me I want bespoke fuelling that is super super smooth, and that's what I've got. It's not about 'ooooo 150 bhp...'
It's about dialling in micro adjustments in your right hand to pick up drive out of a corner, it's about having such a light crisp throttle that matching down changes become so good your pillion doesn't know you've taken a gear ...
Fuelling!!!!! That's what it's all about, numbers mean fuck all ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha ha ....
For me I want bespoke fuelling that is super super smooth, and that's what I've got. It's not about 'ooooo 150 bhp...'
It's about dialling in micro adjustments in your right hand to pick up drive out of a corner, it's about having such a light crisp throttle that matching down changes become so good your pillion doesn't know you've taken a gear ...

Yeah.......but............lovely fuelling AND big numbers is even better...........just like Cato had :D

Anyway I'll stop teasing, it's getting boring now ~ have fun in Dent youth and enjoy your beautifully fuelled, all be it slower than Cato, 1290 :thumb

Andres

Andres

Ha ha ....

Exactly !!

But pop that cat back in,pop on an Akra and you'll gain 7bhp

Just filled up for the first time after Hilltop. Fuel consumption has decreased more than 10% and I got 25 miles more before the fuel light came on

Mine in theory should be better with the decat ...

Just filled up for the first time after Hilltop. Fuel consumption has decreased more than 10% and I got 25 miles more before the fuel light came on

Consumption does drop slightly due to the OP adding 5% to the rear cylinder, the rear is lean in stock trim and not helped by heat soak from the front pot, ktm run em lean not only for immisions testing but also to big-up the mpg figures .

Consumption does drop slightly due to the OP adding 5% to the rear cylinder, the rear is lean in stock trim and not helped by heat soak from the front pot, ktm run em lean not only for immisions testing but also to big-up the mpg figures .

Err.....so surely that contradicts? Consumption drops by adding more fuel??

Mark & Geoff said when I was there last month that the new dyno may under read while it's bedding in.

Surely a dyno is calibrated to provide repeatable controlled numbers of a bikes output? This will allow someone (i.e a race team) to get accurate feedback on their engine and electronics development. I'm sure Michael Dunlop's team would be delighted to hear on return to Hilltop in 6 months time that their new exhaust system "has given you an increase of 20bhp since your last run, although to be fair it might just be that our dyno has just finished bedding in".

Joining this mapping debate late here, but I have to say that after the 1290S test ride X2 the GSA didn't feel much slower. The GSA has been fiddled with by Geoff and as we know it transforms the bikes.

I have to agree with others though, that if a manufacturer claims 160bhp it ought to have at least 140 at the rear wheel. The BMW claim for the LC is 125bhp but is more like 110 at the rear wheel. Post Hilltop I'm getting 125 ish at the rear wheel.

As much as you now love the 1290 post mapping, I'd be pretty upset that in the real world it really isn't much more powerful than a GS LC engine when the engine is one of, if not the principle reason for buying one.

As has been said, I wonder if you've got a duffer. There were fuel pump issues weren't there and that would certainly impact.

Joining this mapping debate late here, but I have to say that after the 1290S test ride X2 the GSA didn't feel much slower. The GSA has been fiddled with by Geoff and as we know it transforms the bikes.

I have to agree with others though, that if a manufacturer claims 160bhp it ought to have at least 140 at the rear wheel. The BMW claim for the LC is 125bhp but is more like 110 at the rear wheel. Post Hilltop I'm getting 125 ish at the rear wheel.

As much as you now love the 1290 post mapping, I'd be pretty upset that in the real world it really isn't much more powerful than a GS LC engine when the engine is one of, if not the principle reason for buying one.

As has been said, I wonder if you've got a duffer. There were fuel pump issues weren't there and that would certainly impact.

Most GSs are making about 115/116 post Hilltop.
Have you got the graph to back up your 125ish or are you just guessing ?

No fuel pump issues with 1290s. What you on about ?

Back
Top Bottom