Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe BigAlEly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    I'm going to do my normal route planning for today's ride between Calais and Dieppe while I'm on the ferry and then I'll put the hotel address into my sat nav before turning it off until a few miles from Dieppe. Scribbled notes in the map pocket of my tank bag for me and probably a croque monsieur washed down by a beer in a small town cafe along the way.

Speeding? You can bet your life I'll be speeding but not in villages or approaching cross roads where French police usually hide.
    have a good (rapid) ride.... i know where i would rather be today.... he says sitting at his desk

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe Arsey's Avatar

The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

Andy , where you going ?

My bike is being serviced now . Ready in an hour then off to Le Touquet for lunch . Germany demain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doris View Post
    Fuck off you prick...go and try and buy a life somewhere else...

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe twizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post

Speeding? You can bet your life I'll be speeding but not in villages or approaching cross roads where French police usually hide.
    Having spent a lot of time in France I can confirm this to be very true, Cross Roads and Villages are a key stopping point - watch out for the small hamlet on a long straight road - maybe only 12 houses and a Café - but they will drop the speed down to 30 gentle in and gentle out.......

Sundays are also a day to watch - Sunday is the national drink driving day in France, so the Gendarmes are normally quite vigilant.....( oh, and watch out for the pissed up drivers on the rural roads)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melch View Post
    No....he lives in terminal regret for what could have been

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe The Nutty GSER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
    Sundays are also a day to watch - Sunday is the national drink driving day in France, so the Gendarmes are normally out in the countryside drinking wine, and dogging
    Fixed for you

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe AndyB_11's Avatar
    Well we made it to the hotel after 135 miles of absolutely no motorways, one speed camera set off, one croque monsieur washed down with a large Pelforth and tyres nicely scrubbed in

I haven't helped myself because the 1190 was still great fun to ride and when I asked myself what could improve it the only answer was more horsepower because you can never have too many ponies.

The Next Best Bike in The World Ever......Thread :-)

I've now done 800 miles on my 1290R.
    A few thoughts.
    Around town it makes a silly noise,linked to euro 4 emissions I think,as it's like a sucking noise and then a flap closing .

Apart from that,it's bloody fantastic .

So bloody fast,yet loads of mid range.

The quickshifter is great,with the clutch basically redundant apart from around town .
    Blat up through the box and then when coming to a roundabout,click click click 5,4,3 with a firm prod,and MTC stopping any locking up,then fire it out the other side.

Handling is astonishing,considering the 21/8 wheels.

Hill start is very useful,not that I particularly wanted it ,but now I've got it......

Love the TFT screen.

It's in a different league to any of the competition,who will be playing catch up now.

It's crystal clear in all weather.Has useful stuff like a great big yellow ICE WARNING when below 4 degrees tells you when a service is due lets you know side stand is down,etc etc.
    Menu is great,with mine set up to access the heated seat and grips on the 2 shortcuts.

Fuel range is about 190 plus 30 reserve.

Love the phone holder/charger though I lost part of the clip that holds the lid shut and dealer replaced it.

Ergo seat comfy all day,screen on high setting is perfect for me at 6'1".

I think the winglet thingies do more to protect than the screen.

Leaving mates in Boulogne and heading to Germany tomorrow. Bumots going back on.

The 1290R is a great package .

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe SPL's Avatar
    Interesting you like the hill start - I turned mine off as I found it irritating...
    Cheers

Steve

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe cookie's Avatar
    Nice
    Ready To >> Rest

I've decided the ergo seat is not so ergo . Fine for about 250 miles but then yer arse gets a bit numb.

Great day though

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    I've decided the ergo seat is not so ergo . Fine for about 250 miles but then yer arse gets a bit numb.
    By the time I rode mine home (about 30 minutes) I was already thinking I needed the Ergo seats. Personally I have never found a bike I can ride all day and not get a numb arse eventually, partly due to my bony arse, if only the beer settled there instead of on my stomach.

I reckon the KTM with the Ergo is as good if not better than any other bike I have owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    By the time I rode mine home (about 30 minutes) I was already thinking I needed the Ergo seats. Personally I have never found a bike I can ride all day and not get a numb arse eventually, partly due to my bony arse, if only the beer settled there instead of on my stomach.

I reckon the KTM with the Ergo is as good if not better than any other bike I have owned.
    Ergo is good . Best seat is the Renazco on my 950SE. Just perfect .

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe AndyB_11's Avatar

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

I'm not too worried about the comfort bit because I've done 500 mile days on sports bikes (not recently) and I can drop a stinky sheep skin over the seat if it gets a bit too much to cope with.

We were discussing today whether I should change to a 1290 and I said the sensible option would be to buy a Rolex with the money it will cost me to change but one of my more stupid friends said I should buy both. Yeah, give me the money and I might consider it. More importantly I banged another 200 onto the 1190 and it's great so I'm not convinced I need a new bike.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425