Best Summer textile jacket & trousers

Kevlar Jeans and Dainese Air Frame jacket here, I added a full back protector to the jacket but even with this the airflow is fantastic.

Also ride for 7-8 months a year without the screen, got a little Machine Art Moto slipscreen, which is amazing for warm weather and zero buffeting at any speed in any weather, I'd recommend this in addition to the clothing, they're not expensive.

I went for the klim overland trews, with the bmw rally jacket, well vented and gortex too, the trousers that is ,not the jacket!

I love my Rukka kit dearly but for this hot summer use I can only recommend a pair of the sand coloured BMW Summer Pants ... armoured up and you can zip/unzip them and have recently been to a very hot Spain for a week and they were BRILLIANT !!! Get some.

I was just looking at those earlier. I know they're never going to be as good as leather/ textile in a crash, but what are your impressions on the safety of them?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find gortex (or equivalent) textile trousers. I need a 36 inch leg and waist, I have BMW waterproof jeans and a Klim gortex jacket but need something for temperatures below 20C. I don't mind wearing under layers. I'm feed up of donning waterproof over trousers that don't quite fit. I'd like to keep the price below £400. Tahnks

I highly recommend the British Motorcycle Gear Adventure jacket (http://britishmotorcyclegear.com/jackets/adventure-jacket.html). Designed for use in the Paris-Dakar. Lightweight, comfortable and good protection and great venting. Approx. £276 including shipping from US. I have Rallye 2 & 3 suits which are great in cooler weather but I have preferred to use the BMG jacket in warm weather for four years now.

Attachments

• BMG.jpg
    BMG.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 496
Just been on their website, ordered trouser at $297 including post, have an inside leg of 36-37, sounds brilliant. thanks for the link Malvern.

I highly recommend the British Motorcycle Gear Adventure jacket (http://britishmotorcyclegear.com/jackets/adventure-jacket.html). Designed for use in the Paris-Dakar. Lightweight, comfortable and good protection and great venting. Approx. £276 including shipping from US. I have Rallye 2 & 3 suits which are great in cooler weather but I have preferred to use the BMG jacket in warm weather for four years now.

That look exactly what I'm looking for. Thanx.

Long but fairly typical story. The jacket was originally designed for Belstaff who then sold the rights to an Italian company. When they discontinued the jacket it was bought up by BMG in America. There is still some cache attached to a British name when marketing in the US.

Hope the Chinese production quality is better than the orignal Belstaff version, I owned one and it fell apart after a couple of years

Long but fairly typical story. The jacket was originally designed for Belstaff who then sold the rights to an Italian company. When they discontinued the jacket it was bought up by BMG in America. There is still some cache attached to a British name when marketing in the US.

Any update on the suit? I'm looking for some vented trousers, and prefer Rukka kit.

Did just over 1000 km over the past 3 days in Germany. Rukka Airman suit was fantastic. Plenty of airflow through both the jacket and trousers. Kept me cool even when the temps were up at 30 degrees on the Saturday. Ended up putting the liners in for a short spell on Sunday as we had a rain shower. Stayed completely dry as well. Soon as the sun was back whipped them out again and back to just the shell.
Even on the ride home on the motorway the temp was 22 degrees and with just the shell and a long sleeve polo I was fine.
Now I know exactly what suit I am taking on our UK tour in July......

Sounds good. I looked for those, but it seems they've been replaced by the Airall trousers, so I've ordered a pair of those. They're even lighter weight, with the same D30 armour, so should be just the job.:thumb

Sounds good. I looked for those, but it seems they've been replaced by the Airall trousers, so I've ordered a pair of those. They're even lighter weight, with the same D30 armour, so should be just the job.:thumb

From FC Moto?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to find gortex (or equivalent) textile trousers. I need a 36 inch leg and waist, I have BMW waterproof jeans and a Klim gortex jacket but need something for temperatures below 20C. I don't mind wearing under layers. I'm feed up of donning waterproof over trousers that don't quite fit. I'd like to keep the price below £400. Tahnks

I am interested in the BMW waterproof jeans. How is your experience with them so far? Does the outside get soaked in water and do they dry quickly?

Dainese

Have you considered their mesh ranges, i have one which wasnt expensive and is a great summer jacket when its hot, and certainly not bulky so easy to pop over a waterproof should the weather change.

I have Rev'it Airwave 2 trousers (available in different leg lenghts) and a Rev'it Chronos jacket (comes with a stand alone Goretex inner jacket)

These are both mesh and worked very well for 10 days in France/Spain this June.

Back
Top Bottom