Best Summer textile jacket & trousers

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I realize this is purely a question of taste & budget but I am interested in ideas / opinions. I am looking for a summer suit for when I go to California later this year but also to use on the warmer days here and on the Continent. I currently have a pair of Rukka Armaxion trousers and an Armas jacket which is great when the temperature is below 20 degrees. Recommended has been the Rev'it Sand or the Tornado but I would like to stick with Rukka. Rukka seem to be in the process of changing their model line so I am a bit confused as to whats' what. I did like the Rukka Airman jacket but understand this is a model that is no longer made.
Ideas would be helpful.

I have the Rukka Airider jacket and trousers, superb in hot weather as mostly mesh but doesn't look like mesh.

Trousers not quite as good a fit as their other trousers. I take the armour out of my winter suit and use as an oversuit for the Airider if it gets cold or wet while I'm out in the summer.

Check out the Rukka section on www.louis.de they have the Rukka Airider for 249 euros and the Airall for 359 euros

Thks and indeed Louis is one of my regular buying places! but does that mean that the Airman is indeed now obsolete? I like the long jacket being 6"2" myself.
I see Louis still has the trousers for just under 300. My guess size should be the same as the Armaxion ones I have and I have found a jacket for EURO 600! A bit steep.

Last edited:
Rukka has done a major revamp of all its motorcycle jackets for the 2017 season so I would assume the Airman is now obsolete

I bought a Rallye 4 suit last weekend - haggled 20% of list price leaving me change from £800 (just). First new suit I've bought but off to Portugal and Ardennes / Black Forest this Summer so treated myself.

Looks like quality kit

Revit Airwave 2 for me, bought from FC Moto in Germany. Had to change the trousers for short length as standard were way too long, even though I am 6' tall.

Well made, comfortable, didn't break the bank. I like them

Make your mind up whether you want:

Completely unlined mesh type clothing, which is not even shower proof and often downright cold when worn much beneath 15 C

As above with a liner, maybe water or shower proof

A more solid outer shell but with a detachable (possibly gortex) liner but with lots of venting zips

Something else

Then decide on the cash you want to spend... or maybe start there

Remember, when going through hot (anything above 30 C, I might suggest) the air itself is hot, so having lots of vents and lots of mesh lets lots of hot air in, too. Also remember that all that good work you maybe did fiddling with your screen and adding winglets to keep air off you when you wanted to ride around with the flip front raised, will still be off you when you want it to maybe be cooling you. Lots of bods forget this.

Good advice from Wapping. Have you thought of Motoport Kevlar mesh? It's made to measure in California, it's not cheap, but IMO offers the best protection there is. I bought the jacket and trousers separate, with the quad armour. There is no need to buy their liners as when it's cold I just put a fleece jkt underneath or track suit bottoms. Bear in mind that the more pockets you have, the more it tends to restrict The airflow. Also if it rain a little it dries out in no time, if it looks to be a more prolonged and persistent rain, I have a set of waterproof over jkt and trousers to slip on over it all.

I have a Rukka Airman suit for the very hot days but most of the time I wear a pair of Rokker Revolution jeans and a Belstaff Mojave jacket with the liner taken out.

I went for the Airman jacket & trousers in the end and must say despite the price tag it really fits perfectly. Will see what happens in the summer.

I've got an Alpinestars Valparaiso jacket which has excellent venting for the summer + waterproof liner + thermal for he winter, not too pricey either

+1 here too. :thumb2 Excellent all round, all year jacket. :beerjug:

I went for the Airman jacket & trousers in the end and must say despite the price tag it really fits perfectly. Will see what happens in the summer.

Any update on the suit? I'm looking for some vented trousers, and prefer Rukka kit.

haven't been out yet. Am off to The Eifel in Germany on Friday for 3 days so will let you know when I get back

On jackets in the end I went for Rukka Airall, the 4air was next one up but really pricey, I also didn't need the inner waterproof liner which come with the 4air as have a decent Held rain over jacket.

Ordered from these guys as was much cheaper. Usually I'm a size 52 but having watched the review on Revzilla I took the recommendation to go a size down, 50 fits perfectly. I also bought the Full D3O back protector from Sportbikeshop.

Flux jacket was 2nd choice as only available in black/white and I know it won't stay white very long!

https://www.motardinn.com/motorcycle-equipment/rukka-airall-jacket/136279745/p

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rukka-airall-jacket

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/325126

http://www.motolegends.com/jackets/halvarssons-flux-jacket-black-white.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Rukka kit dearly but for this hot summer use I can only recommend a pair of the sand coloured BMW Summer Pants ... armoured up and you can zip/unzip them and have recently been to a very hot Spain for a week and they were BRILLIANT !!! Get some.

Back
Top Bottom