iPhone 6S plus - replacement battery

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Guys,

My 6S plus (recently purchased off this site) has a dodgy battery. The question is, there are dozens of these batteries out there at all different prices & feedback.

Any ideas how I can be sure of getting a quality original Apple OE battery ?

Thx
John

When mine needs replacement i would go to an apple shop, my Mrs recently took hers in for a replacement battery on her 6 and they cross threaded one of the screws, net result, they handed over a new replacement phone, she was happy:)

May well do that Gadget, though I've changed a few iPhone batteries myself, there are so many sellers out there it's difficult to know what you're buying.

My battery charges up fine and battery life is reasonable, except when it get down to about 30% the battery just dies.

Guys,

My 6S plus (recently purchased off this site) has a dodgy battery. The question is, there are dozens of these batteries out there at all different prices & feedback.

Any ideas how I can be sure of getting a quality original Apple OE battery ?

Thx
John

I would be looking to get a refund from the guy who sold you the phone, unless he flagged up the battery issue with you

I would be looking to get a refund from the guy who sold you the phone, unless he flagged up the battery issue with you

Good point, who ever it was may not have been aware of the issue, however, if it were me, I would at least offer to contribute to replacement cost.

I spoke to Apple last week about this, unfortunately the serial number of my 'phone is not in the range where they are changing out batteries free - that said, mine does have the same fault symptoms.
Think I'll have another try.

I spoke to Apple last week about this, unfortunately the serial number of my 'phone is not in the range where they are changing out batteries free - that said, mine does have the same fault symptoms.
Think I'll have another try.
Tried using the checker in the link?

You will need to kick off a bit mate, the fault is more wide spread than Apple want to admit to. Make an appointment at the Apple shop and get it sorted, if I'm not mistaken this has been reported in the press about the extent of the problem

Just google the fault and be persistent.

Back
Top Bottom