LED bulbs

I did not adjust them as to be honest they seemed to be ok as is

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Although I had a problem with the beam tilt angle, the light focus was good. Tilt now sorted so not expecting to need any more faffing about with.

These have a purpose made seal for the GS light cluster and provide a very good light. I only put one in my Main Beam and left the HID in the dipped. There was some suggestion that in hot weather the constantly running dipped Beam might overheat and I am very happy with the HID. I only wanted to change the Main Beam because of the slight lag from the burner when you switch it on. The LED is instant and the colour matches the HID http://www.sol2.be/Visibility/LED_ENG/Headlight/page.html

I think they will reduce power if they get hot but overheating electronics are never a good idea.

I took about 1/4" off the wider diameter of the heat sink. 90% of it is still there. My method also puts the sink outside the lamp housing where it's always got cooling air.

Sent somehow.

The Solid Solutions rubber grommet looks ideal. However the lamps I used will not fit quite as easily. The H7 connectors are trapped inside the lamp and the lead to the LED driver/ballast block is not especially long. It could be connected as Solid describe but I felt it was easier to splice into the three wire lead that goes to the lamp body connector. That gave more space to access the connectors and still allows the originals to be used with halogens if needed.

The bulbs I have are shorter than the Solids. This puts the heat sink half into the lamp casing. If the OEM cover were 10mm taller they would totally enclose my heat sinks. Not a good option IMO so I cut the tops off and used the rubber/neoprene/proofed nylon "washer" to seal around the bulb stem. Rubber grommets would do the same job and give that little bit more clearance around the heat sink.

I tried them last night. The dipped beam cutoff is very well defined but it's still just a touch high even though its set as low as it will go.

I tried them last night. The dipped beam cutoff is very well defined but it's still just a touch high even though its set as low as it will go.

Cut off is well defined on my car but its a touch low however considering what a tight fit they were will leave it a while to sort them.

How is the beam affected by moving the bulb in or out ?

Cut off is well defined on my car but its a touch low however considering what a tight fit they were will leave it a while to sort them.

How is the beam affected by moving the bulb in or out ?

Mine is a bit high. The bulb has the emitters at same height as halogen filament. I've not moved it in or out because it's just so time consuming to get at. (I have an anti steal plate under the clocks).

Sent somehow.

Look what the nice postman brought me today....now just gotta find time to fit them

daed306960e00ede77ae0222eadca110.jpg

Oneplus 2 = my phone

They look identical to mine and they work very well indeed. the OEM covers won't fit over the heat sinks so will need surgery

Sent somehow.

They're from eBay, £29.79 delivered and they got here in just over a week too.
And I bought 2 used covers for a £10

Oneplus 2 = my phone

They're from eBay, £29.79 delivered and they got here in just over a week too.
And I bought 2 used covers for a £10

Oneplus 2 = my phone

Hi. COuld you link us to the ebay sellers page?

I might get those .. Great price..

Hi. COuld you link us to the ebay sellers page?

I might get those .. Great price..

(1) Go to eBay
(2) search H7 LED
(3) take your pick.

Note they usually quote total wattage those showing 45W (2 x 22.5) are about 50% as powerful as the ones I have.

Sent somehow.

Lol...bulb envy?

Here you go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272373346825

As with all Chinese listings u pays ur money u takes ur chance.
Depending on where u look in the listing they are 80 watts then 160 watts....4000 lumens then 8000 lumens...
All I looked for was Philips Lumiled chips, which I believe are rated at 5w each and there are 8 on each bulb.
And bare in mind I haven't plugged them in yet either!

BTW, I'm gonna put some CPU thermal compound on the heatsink thread to help it conduct heat better.

Oneplus 2 = my phone

The bulb back end is much bigger than the old halogen the heat sink will probably catch the access hole in rear of headlight. Be careful to not dislodge the beam level adjuster. It's a plastic ball & socket and does pop out.
I turned down my heat sinks to give a bit more clearance taking the tapered shape to parallel.

Sent somehow.

Back
Top Bottom