Rear LED brake light

Just fitted the one from Motorworks, the difference in brightness is quite noticeable. Didn't do before and after measurements of the brightness but the guy on gunsmoke fitted similar and found that "the data shows that the LED tail light is more than six times brighter than the factory bulb, while the LED brake light is almost 40 times brighter than the factory tail light, and almost 12 times brighter than the factory brake light." I have no reason to doubt him from what I can see so far. A very simple but worthwhile upgrade.

Only note is that the kit from motorworks includes spade connectors which you are expected to fit to the end of the loom afgter cutting off the 90 degree angled loom connectors which are spades , and while they will fit you presumably run the risk of the now exposed ends of those loom spades contacting each other and shorting-hence motorworks including new insulated straight spade connectors to crimp/solder on. I figured that if I did fit the straight spades and if the LED board developed a fault that I'd be unable to refit old reflector and bulb as the straight spades will interfere with housing as they protrude too far back when fitted to reflector. Anyway I found that I was able to put heatshrink around the 90 degree spades and fit them without having to worry about them shorting out against each other.

Got two of these in two of my GS's been fitted for 3 years, both fine, both my EI ignition systems and Nippondenso starters are good too (so far!)

Back
Top Bottom