Rides around Westport

Westport

past the Clock and up the steep hill towards the Railwalk Walk, there is a narrow lane which is parallel to the N59.

After ~ 10Km at the T juntion turn left towards Tourmakeady village, (right at the T gets you back to the N59 near the Eaglewood Lodge)

A right in the village onto the R300 & onwards over the R300 or L5630 past Lough Nafooey & L1601/1301, right on the R336 towards Leenane.

Right on the N59 & on R335 to Ashleigh Falls (left) and around the Killary Fjord past Delphi Lough (wild smoked salmon) to Doo Lough, there a left onto L1824.

Past Tawnyard Lough into Drummin, left there onto ? lane, which gets you past the back of Croagh Patrick to Kilsallagh near Louisburg.

Then onto the Old Head beach or to Murrisk for a rest and the last few km back to Westport
Wow! I am now on to Google maps to plan that out!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I forgot about that :blast Was a point in the Photo Rally 2014.
Bit of a mad yoke but in a beautiful location. Access road was a bit rough at the time...

Understatement of the decade.

Agree with both Micky & Aidan :thumb

After Leenane (make sure you stop at Aasleagh Falls just off the N59 before Leenane) the R336 south to Maam & then Maam Cross is a beautiful, and fast, road. Or take the left turn onto the L1301 to Lough Nafooey. From there you can either head back to Westport via the shores of Lough Mask (although a detour into Aghagower is worthwhile) or continue into Cong and then either back north to Westport or south to Galway or go back onto the R336 and continue towards Maam & Maam Cross.
)

Aughagower............. My Dads home town. If you go here then stop in the only pub "Scotts" and tell my cousin John Pat that I'll pay for your first pint. :clap

Aughagower............. My Dads home town. If you go here then stop in the only pub "Scotts" and tell my cousin John Pat that I'll pay for your first pint. :clap
Is that a general offer Luke?
There isn't a bad road out of or around Westport.

That'll cost ya Luke, I must remember to tell JP that every time I call in future

I dont do facebook but my wife does,Johnny rotter is one of my best mates.theres also twin bikers living in Aughagower that have their portraits on the pub wall,johny rotter is a vg artist

I dont do facebook but my wife does,Johnny rotter is one of my best mates.theres also twin bikers living in Aughagower that have their portraits on the pub wall,johny rotter is a vg artist

Jaysus twin bikers in Aughagower? They must blow the cobwebs off the round tower :clap. Next time I'm down we must meet up there for :beerjug::beerjug:

Jaysus twin bikers in Aughagower? They must blow the cobwebs off the round tower :clap. Next time I'm down we must meet up there for :beerjug::beerjug:

That sounds like the making of a good plan to me!!!!!!

The Achill Henge is worth a look even for the views on a nice day. First time I was at it was on the 2014 Photo Rally.
Never have been so scared going up that track and down again!

Attachments

• DSCF2643.jpg
    DSCF2643.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 163

Back
Top Bottom