Bought it.....

Get them Hilltopped

I have bought the Akrapovic end can (Euro 3 with removable baffles) and am going to run it with standard headers for a while. If I then go Akrapovic headers I will defo go to Hilltop for a re-flash

I'm currently in negotiations to swap my 2015 XR for a 2017. I can't think of any other bike that comes close.

Get a KTM 1290 SuperDuke and you may be surprised

I nearly did and unlike nutty I am not averse to Orange things:D

But it isn't really any faster maybe a bit on top gear roll on and certainly not as comfortable.

My riding buddy has one and we have spent a lot of time comparing in the real world with drag races etc etc the SDR gets up to 100 a little way ahead ( a bike length maybe) and after that the XR takes over.

We have pretty much determined this is because it becomes very difficult to hang on to the SDR above a ton without a screen on it.

Nothing to chose in the handling dept and in the Picos on the long and twisty roads neither bike could get away from the other.

Touring the XR wins hands down although the SDR is more than capable.

The SDR uses less fuel on motorways though if that helps

The thing that actually stopped my buying one was the "liveability" factor I could not live with one as an only bike whereas the XR i can

I was tempted by the 1290GT, but it was a lot more expensive than my Pre-reg 2016 XR...........

The difference wasn't justified - to me

Al

I Love mine, now its fully farkled its just right for me, quick, comfi, and got all the toys will fit a set of Roadtec 01s before my 1800 mile Ireland tour in a couple of months

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2063.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2063.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 261
Has anyone swapped the cams to those from a S1000RR to their XR? Geoff said it would deliver 200BHP rather than 160.

Must admit that 160 BHP's bonkers enough for me but 40 more would be fun!

Has anyone swapped the cams to those from a S1000RR to their XR? Geoff said it would deliver 200BHP rather than 160.

Must admit that 160 BHP's bonkers enough for me but 40 more would be fun!

He told me that as well and it is an interesting idea

I think there is some electrical thingamyjob as well that needs a tweek

My concern would be losing some of that low down pull that is such a suprise when you first ride one

Would be a fuckin mental bike with 200BHP_ though

so maybe in a year or 2 ........

He told me that as well and it is an interesting idea

I think there is some electrical thingamyjob as well that needs a tweek

My concern would be losing some of that low down pull that is such a suprise when you first ride one

Would be a fuckin mental bike with 200BHP_ though

so maybe in a year or 2 ........

I guess a quick blast on a RR to see what the low down grunt was like and how performance compared would be useful before doing anything.

I had a RR back in 2010 but apart from not taking to it's radical riding position can't remember what the low down grunt was like.

I guess a quick blast on a RR to see what the low down grunt was like and how performance compared would be useful before doing anything.

Or just find the torque curves and wet weights for the two bikes which will tell you virtually everything that you need to know.

The RR engine loves to rev. Lots up top....by which time you are at "getting to know bubba in his cell" speed...

I'm struggling to understand why anyone would need 200bhp on an XR.:nenau

You'll only notice the difference once you get into prison territory.

I nearly did and unlike nutty I am not averse to Orange things:D

But it isn't really any faster maybe a bit on top gear roll on and certainly not as comfortable.

My riding buddy has one and we have spent a lot of time comparing in the real world with drag races etc etc the SDR gets up to 100 a little way ahead ( a bike length maybe) and after that the XR takes over.

We have pretty much determined this is because it becomes very difficult to hang on to the SDR above a ton without a screen on it.

Nothing to chose in the handling dept and in the Picos on the long and twisty roads neither bike could get away from the other.

Touring the XR wins hands down although the SDR is more than capable.

The SDR uses less fuel on motorways though if that helps

The thing that actually stopped my buying one was the "liveability" factor I could not live with one as an only bike whereas the XR i can

Has he got the SDR or the GT ?
The latter is comparable to the XR and is much more comfortable over long distance than the former,apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has he got the SDR or the GT ?
The latter is comparable to the XR and is much more comfortable over long distance than the former,apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The SDR

I couldn't bring myself to the GT as i just do not like it !

The SDR is ace as a bike purely for fun and i was sorely tempted

Back
Top Bottom