Aberystwyth area

VAL. H.

Thrower of cats at pigeons
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are there any GSers in the Aberystwyth, Devils bridge area?

Just wondering if there's anyone else out here. We've been here for a little over a year now near Llanafan. We're just setting up a small camping and caravaning site, along with a holiday cottage, so busy with that but it's getting time to get the bikes out again. Jill took hers for MOT today so I guess I'll be having to get mine sorted (new battery at least). Haven't even taken it out of the garage since we arrived 18 months ago. :eek:

I'll be doing some back lane routes soon, reconnoitering for the GS event we are holding in September. Any advice or help with this would be appreciated. Or if you just want to tag along.

Val.

Aberaeron is where I go for a bite to eat on the coast - it's not very big so would struggle to cope with a large group on your weekend but recommend it for you & Jill. I'm a little biased as I was born just a few miles from there in Pennant.

The chippie near the harbour is very good - cafe as well if you prefer.

It's a 250 mile round trip for me now but I do it a couple of times a year.

Talk to the lady from Trail Rides Wales. I was down that way last month for a day out in the hills on my g/s. Had a great time. She knows the area really well.

Probably worth having a day out with her to learn the routes. Most of the ones I did were big bike suitable, I did them on my G/S so not big big bike, but in the right hands they would be.

Aberaeron is where I go for a bite to eat on the coast - it's not very big so would struggle to cope with a large group on your weekend but recommend it for you & Jill. I'm a little biased as I was born just a few miles from there in Pennant.

The chippie near the harbour is very good - cafe as well if you prefer.

It's a 250 mile round trip for me now but I do it a couple of times a year.

Pennant? I was talking to a guy up in Cannock, said he was borne in Aberaeron and his father later lived in Pennant. I'll remember the chippie. Apparently there is a vrey good Seafood restaurant in Aberaeron too.

Talk to the lady from Trail Rides Wales. I was down that way last month for a day out in the hills on my g/s. Had a great time. She knows the area really well.

Probably worth having a day out with her to learn the routes. Most of the ones I did were big bike suitable, I did them on my G/S so not big big bike, but in the right hands they would be.

I'm not a skilled off roader, but thanks for the heads up, they might be interested in helping us out with a ride out.

Planning a ride over that area for tomorrow.

Bugger, Paul you should have PMd me, could have stopped off for a cuppa.

Val.

Yes, the seafood place in the Harbour is nice. Lunched there a couple of times when with my more affluent friends as it costs a bit more than a battered sausage & chips from the chippie.

I ended up with a very larg hangover so stayed in bed :)

I'll give you a bell when I'm out that way :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom