LED Headlight bulb What's the latest new tech please. My old one has just failed

dmilne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thanks, that got me going in the right direction. I just fitted one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S2-SERIES...0LM-36W-each-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-/172539889962?

£35 for 2
The canbus is OK with them. I'll try them in the night when it gets black outside.

There's a couple of tricks to make the fitment easier, PM me if anyone buys a set.

Now.... short of tipping the bike upside down and shaking it.. has anyone any idea how to remove a washer shaped piece of plastic from inside the back of the headlight. I can see it (now Kapersky has finally allowed my endoscope to work) but short of removing the whole headlight unit, it's impossible to get at.

Thank you!

Dave

Yeah Blue tac, I'll try that thanks.
But in a few days, I've spent too long grovelling on the floor trying to remove and re fit light bulbs for now!!

D

Thanks, that got me going in the right direction. I just fitted one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S2-SERIES...0LM-36W-each-CANBUS-ERROR-FREE-/172539889962?

£35 for 2
The canbus is OK with them. I'll try them in the night when it gets black outside.

There's a couple of tricks to make the fitment easier, PM me if anyone buys a set.

Now.... short of tipping the bike upside down and shaking it.. has anyone any idea how to remove a washer shaped piece of plastic from inside the back of the headlight. I can see it (now Kapersky has finally allowed my endoscope to work) but short of removing the whole headlight unit, it's impossible to get at.

Thank you!

Dave

I have been looking at something like these but wonder do they fit with the bulb cover or do you leave that off?

I don't think i would want to leave the cover off because I would be worried about dirt and moisture getting into the lamp.

In my opinion, LED is not the new tech. Mayhap, HID kits are considered better than LED bulbs. I also used these car-based kits for my DIY project and it was easy to install and gave very bright light. You can try.

Wow, where did this post resurface from! Anyway to balance the argument, I have found my LED's to be MUCH better than an HID kit. The beam cut off is sharper and more defined. I also get more light where I most need it.

Back
Top Bottom