Abergavenny round trip

StevieB

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thought I would see what the road was like going up to Capel-y-Ffin and Gospel Pass today, for those not familiar route us as below;

Abergavenny Hardwick roundabout A465 towards Hereford, A465 Abergavenny to Llanvihangel crucorney then left onto B4423 Cwmyoy between here and Llanthony the road was pretty muddy and a lot of slurry on the road today, a good workout for me and some serious slow riding skills were challenged. On to Capel-y-ffin, Gospel pass and then down into Hay-on-wye. Ride back was through Talgarth,Tretower and then home to
Abergavenny
7feb8f60a35d37a8cf5a7e06e1530072.jpg
e845b190be11c45594ca23752c0f6ae6.jpg
0db8bb1bb1945ded10f4d0ab2a278f96.jpg
4c77f6a77241f91d0a31023461700785.jpg
eddd5ac2a770dbe65158ea0c20234890.jpg
c941b8fbd2cbdd390af2866f612f01a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope not today, straight back home to get the bike washed down as it looked like it had just done the Weston beach race. Wifey had brunch in hand though :D

I've ridden that when a jet ski would have been more use. Heavy rain turns it into a river but I love it.

Very nice. I'm looking forward to getting up there on my GSA.:beerjug:

I've ridden that when a jet ski would have been more use. Heavy rain turns it into a river but I love it.

Yep had a couple of moments today, some places were just awash with the slurry, Anakee's did well considering, forgot to fit my bloody GoPro this morning too, that would of made for some interesting footage on the ride up lol.

Let us know when your thinking of coming this way, sure we could sort a day out and about :beerjug:

Will do. 2 Wheel Humvee is in your neck of the woods, so will do it on a day he's around.:thumb

Will do. 2 Wheel Humvee is in your neck of the woods, so will do it on a day he's around.:thumb

I could well be up for that, let me know if /when you sort something, it does get mucky up there after a lot of rain but the views are great-when the rain stops :D

I trust with the obligatory bacon roll and cup of tea at the bus station?

The skirrid inn where you turn off the main road is worth a visit, oldest pub in Wales , complete with gallows in the stair well, landlord is a biker I believe. Or further up the valley there is a pub in the ruins of the old priory.

Bike looks great with the new screen on Steve :)

I was over in Rhayader this weekend with my local TRF group - weather was positively tropical for the time of year :cool:

I'm away for the next couple of weeks but reckon we should jack something up for maybe second or third weekend in March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did this same route a few weeks ago on my Triumph America, not sure what needed washing first, the bike or my underpants :)

Back
Top Bottom