It's on the cards... I'm coming back.

haditlowered

Reaction score
Switching from my 2012 - 1200GS which was faultless for four years to the Tiger 800, I'm now on my second Tiger 800XRx in 9 months - the first was purchased in June last year and rejected in November with electronic glitches - I was given a brand new bike as a replacement and 1100 miles in to the replacement bike it has now developed the same symptoms as the first bike - Triumph are thus far unsympathetic and take satisfaction in pointing out that the replacement bike was "free", overlooking of course the fact that i did actually pay for the first bike. If it goes the same way as the last i will be rejecting this bike too - but theres good news.... I'm coming back!! one way or another, my plan is to rid myself of the Tiger, i have my eye on the F800GS Trophy, i'v not seen many posts complaining about issues with the bike and to those that said to go for the F800GS when i switched from the 1200GS to the Tiger.... you were right...:thumb

I wasn't someone who ridiculed you for trying the trumpet, it's a shame you have suffered, but welcome back.

im also toying with adding an 800 tiger or 800 gs to the stable ........hmmm, food for thought, please keep us posted as to how your case evolves

You're tempting fate - the GS you get, will probably be a lemon.

Luck of the draw, I think

Tiger is generally - a great bike.

Al

Switching from my 2012 - 1200GS which was faultless for four years to the Tiger 800, I'm now on my second Tiger 800XRx in 9 months - the first was purchased in June last year and rejected in November with electronic glitches - I was given a brand new bike as a replacement and 1100 miles in to the replacement bike it has now developed the same symptoms as the first bike - Triumph are thus far unsympathetic and take satisfaction in pointing out that the replacement bike was "free", overlooking of course the fact that i did actually pay for the first bike. If it goes the same way as the last i will be rejecting this bike too - but theres good news.... I'm coming back!! one way or another, my plan is to rid myself of the Tiger, i have my eye on the F800GS Trophy, i'v not seen many posts complaining about issues with the bike and to those that said to go for the F800GS when i switched from the 1200GS to the Tiger.... you were right...:thumb

of course if you'd fancy a new F800GS ... I could do a great deal ;)

Are you a dealer... I do fancy one - i am after a 2017 F800GS Trophy - Lowered with a low seat so fire away - i have a Tiger 800XRx with 1,100 miles that i need to PX - Registered Nov 2016, it's going in for a diagnostic test but i already know that it will come back clear showing no faults.

of course if you'd fancy a new F800GS ... I could do a great deal ;)

I have owned two F800GSs, it would be accurate to say apart from a set of head race hearings on the 2011whjch were done under warranty, both bikes were faultless. A mate has a Tiger 800 and in comparison its rubbish. Despite being mollycoddled and treated to Allyearbiker treatment it's gone rusty in lots of places.

I now have a R1200GSA, because I wanted a BIGGER bike.

Are you a dealer... I do fancy one - i am after a 2017 F800GS Trophy - Lowered with a low seat so fire away - i have a Tiger 800XRx with 1,100 miles that i need to PX - Registered Nov 2016, it's going in for a diagnostic test but i already know that it will come back clear showing no faults.

I'm back in work tomorrow (Chester Motorrad) PM or (phone the dealership and ask for me) with your reg number etc and I'll work something out. My sales manager is off in Portugal on a bike launch at the mo but as soon as he's back I'll push him for a deal (Thursday)

Thanks - did that earlier after i spotted the tag line (sales at Chester) at the foot of your comment - and have already sent you an email... but i didn't add the Reg number :blast...so i will do that now :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom