Len Manchester in Melton Mowbray

Heard that Len Manchester is now closed down.

May open as smaller place, but lost Yamaha franchise.

Only hearsay, so someone may know more.

Nah, can't be closed today, it's not Sunday. Mind you, I didn't check the website.

I'll find out on the local gossip hotline.
Must say in the three or four times I've been in for parts the service has been shit.
So not much sympathy from me I'm afraid

Always used to close Sun/Mon. Mixed review on FB, but reasonably current. It will be interesting to learn the SP here.

Didn't they put the odd Yamaha under Keith Heuwen, back in the 70s? Still, no respect for past glories these days - hit the targets or move over.

went passed last saturday morning no bikes in the show room and 2 vans down the side loading up some bikes

Theyve posted on facebook this morning that they had a 125 stolen from the workshop this morning. Apparently they turned up at 6am left one of the guys to keep an eye on the place while they went to see if it could be found only to have him attacked and hit in the face with a spanner by the thieves who came back.

The Police obviously were useless and didn't want to know.

"Break In, this morning at just after 5AM someone broke into the workshops and stole a Black AJS Cadwell as pictured below. We got to the workshops approx 6am and whilst one member of staff remained at the workshop we left to try and find the bike as police didn't seem bothered !!!We returned 15 mins later to find the thieves had returned back and attacked a member of staff with a wrench smashing his face whilst trying to take other motorcycles. They ran off the police and ambulance was called but 20 mins later we are still awaiting there arrival !!
Please can we share this post £500 cash reward for the Name and address of the people involved !!!"

The sickening thing is that the police had info that a Melton bike shop was going to be done over!!
The owner of TK motorcycles was warned around a month ago, he passed the warning to me.
Quite a lot of gossip about the reasons for the closure of the shop,allegedly Yamaha were anonymously informed that manchesters were struggling financially,hence the removal of all of the bikes and I guess the loss of the franchise.
The business owner has opened a new shop/unit on the road out towards Loughborough selling Chinese bikes I think(mash).
He was still renting the workshop that was robbed.
All of this could of course be total bollocks but this is what I've been told:p
One would assume that the workshops were alarmed ,the lack of police attendance is shocking as the police station is literally 2mins around the corner.:blast

The sickening thing is that the police had info that a Melton bike shop was going to be done over!!
The owner of TK motorcycles was warned around a month ago, he passed the warning to me.
Quite a lot of gossip about the reasons for the closure of the shop,allegedly Yamaha were anonymously informed that manchesters were struggling financially,hence the removal of all of the bikes and I guess the loss of the franchise.
The business owner has opened a new shop/unit on the road out towards Loughborough selling Chinese bikes I think(mash).
He was still renting the workshop that was robbed.
All of this could of course be total bollocks but this is what I've been told:p
One would assume that the workshops were alarmed ,the lack of police attendance is shocking as the police station is literally 2mins around the corner.:blast

Just so long as your place stays under the radar. :beerjug:

Neil young who owns Len Manchester has stated that there was no police cover in Melton and that the police took 47mins to respond because they at to come from Leicester,there is a interview with him on BBC radio Leicester about the theft.

Looking at the last Accounts (2015) i see NY is on the hook, with PGs to the Bank £40k & Yamaha £100k, with the business barely washing it's face. Tough times; I'm sure he could well do without the attention from violent scumbags as well. Let's hope they can re-establish at a more modest level.

Apparently LM shop is still a shell and an eye sore on Burton Road. Shame, it was one of my fave places to go when growing up especially to view the new RD LC's :blagblah

Apparently LM shop is still a shell and an eye sore on Burton Road. Shame, it was one of my fave places to go when growing up especially to view the new RD LC's :blagblah

Don’t think it’s an eyesore particularly,just another empty retail unit that will probably be turned into another restaurant or bar given the gentrification that Melton seems to be undergoing.:thumb

Looking at the last Accounts (2015) i see NY is on the hook, with PGs to the Bank £40k & Yamaha £100k, with the business barely washing it's face. Tough times; I'm sure he could well do without the attention from violent scumbags as well. Let's hope they can re-establish at a more modest level.

£40k to bank will be for overdraft , £100k to Yamaha will be floor stocking plan , he's only in do-do , if he has sold bikes and not paid for them , Sondel Sport ( very long term Yamaha dealer in SE London )recently lost franchise ?

£40k to bank will be for overdraft , £100k to Yamaha will be floor stocking plan , he's only in do-do , if he has sold bikes and not paid for them , Sondel Sport ( very long term Yamaha dealer in SE London )recently lost franchise ?

Er ..... that wasn't what was being said.

Yamaha consider they have too many bike dealers in the UK - Fact, so want to trim their costs. So they are looking at them all, particularly the small guys, who struggle to meet sales targets & maybe lack the full corporate identity. Couple this to a violent raid & you have the recipe for a perfect storm. Lose the franchise, the stocking plan goes with it & all you will be left with is the loyal cutom that still brings service work & a few used bike sales. The Bank will likely panic & wonder what is left for it's Debenture to catch if the shit hits the fan, particularly if things need nursing over the winter. The NY guarantee is a back-stop; like any business, it needs to 'wash it's face' on merit without leaning on PGs.

Anyway, the Company went for a Creditors Voluntary Liquidation, formalised only last month ................
https://companycheck.co.uk/company/...R-MELTON-MOWBRAY-LIMITED/companies-house-data.

I have no idea whether any phoenix non-franchise business is planned. Does anyone local know the SP?

Back
Top Bottom