GS service Inverness

I hope Keith Garage isn't shut. I've been taking my bike there for the last few years and the service has been great.
The benefit with Ivor and the folks at Calterdon was they'd loan you a bike for the day. Not sure if that's still part of the service.

MOTs can be done on Saturdays in Elgin. Willie Young do them as well as GLM Motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Keith Garage isn't shut. I've been taking my bike there for the last few years and the service has been great.
The benefit with Ivor and the folks at Calterdon was they'd loan you a bike for the day. Not sure if that's still part of the service.

MOTs can be done on Saturdays in Elgin. Willie Young do them as well as GLM Motors.

Willie abused my old H-D at a MOT years ago and GLM knackered my KTM's side stand last year. I used to go to Simon at North East, in Elgin, but he had a long queue when I needed one last year. Are you going to HF's launch day on Saturday?

No I am working away.

Not sure there's much point as I had a GS1200LC from BikeAroundOz for a week earlier this month and hated it so will be sticking to my GS1200 2011 for now.

Good to know about Willie Young and GLM though.

. . . . think he might be a bit lucky to get what he's after for the Boxer Cup though - as clean as it is... and it is V clean indeed.

S-not his - being selt for a customer, along with the TL1000R sitting next to it in the showroom.

I've used Willies for years for MOT's on all mine and my son's bikes. Always great to get a working relationship with a dealer, for both spares and maintenance.

Lossiemouth garage also MOT bikes, but they have stopped opening on Saturdays, so not really much us to us that are still wage slaves ;)

SteveT

:cool:

Well it won't be getting done in Inverness. Popped in to get a quote the other day, forty minutes later they had some numbers. The labour wasn't too bad (although an hour for 'diagnosing' the problem was a bit of a laugh- it's oily around the head gaskets!) but £350 for four exhaust gaskets and two head gaskets is a little more than I'm prepared to pay (the head gaskets are about forty quid each at Motorworks) Perhaps they confused my humble 1100 with a 7 series... Fuck it, I'll have to man up and do it myself - can't be worse that doing the valves on my Laverda, which is a cams out job.

Turns out changing the head gaskets is pretty straightforward, I even got the exhaust header off without snapping any studs, although two came out of the head the nuts were so rusty. And I did have to cut the clamp off with a Dremel.

I ordered the parts I needed from Rainbow (who have a very good website) and including two new cam cover gaskets the total was £163 delivered. I just can't understand where HF got £250 - £350 in parts from.:nenau

Back
Top Bottom