BMW Nav IV no data available problem

Simon.B

Reaction score
Hi can anyone assist please, I've recently carried out a software update on the above and now when I want to add an address I get a "no data available " message. As soon as you press the address icon.

Has anyone had or know how to cure this annoying problem. I've plugged it into the computer via the Garmin app to see if there is anything obvious but so far I'm stumped.

I have googled it without much success.

Any help much appreciated.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh by the way I'm sure Reporter of this parish will also confirm at my embarrassment I am a complete Techno F...ing Turkey so be gentle with me

On the sat nav or on the garmin mapping on the pc ? I can view maps and the home option worked

On the sat nav or on the garmin mapping on the pc ? I can view maps and the home option worked

On the device. When you zoom in can you see street names?

Click on Tools > maps > info. Ensure you maps are ticked

Thanks I will have a look when I get home

Had this on my car Garmin, because of this plus other issues I got a replacement unit but upon updating that I had same problem which I eventually got round by swapping my c drive to an ssd. The Garmin express was causing 100% disc usage and I suspect was causing the update process to fall over. My internet speed is fine and I haven't had problem since.
I tried all sorts, webupdater, map installer, basecamp to try to maps.
First thing to try may be a hard reset then run update again, you may want to reinstall express too

I would have a modest bet that they are not or that no detailed maps are loaded onto the device.

And the news is......

I'm still at work, I appreciate your advice and help and will keep you posted as soon as I've diagnosed the problem

Wapping you were bang on the money, when I did the last update it couldn't put all the data on to the 8gb micro sd card so I got a 32gb one and ran the update etc etc, I didn't realise it hadn't copied over the data.

I've put the old card back in and bingo its back working, when I have time I will try and sort the 32gb card out and try again.

Thanks for all your help guys it's much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom