Plywood sheet off cuts anyone?

Madmountainman

Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for a couple of off cuts of plywood, around 500mm square. They don't need to be really thick, so 5-10mm would be great. If anyone in the SW, near me, has some lying around, please let me know.

I have 8 sheets of 18mm OSB if you are interested? these are 8' x 4'

Would that be strong enough to use on my bike trailer, I'm getting to old to do the doggy stepping between cross members and want something to go either side of the bike

Yes it would be. However I am not sure if it's performance if it was to be left exposed to the rain. It might blowup, so would plywood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a big sheet of OSB myself, but it's too thick for what I want. I thought i'd see if anyone local had a bit going spare before committing to buy a full sheet of ply. I'll also give some of the local camper converters a shout to see if they'd like to sell me some Vohringer Ply in Pearwood, as that would be perfect.

Would that be strong enough to use on my bike trailer, I'm getting to old to do the doggy stepping between cross members and want something to go either side of the bike

Been there done that. Too slippy in the rain and gets mouldy plus its a bugger to seal the edges and surfaces. 5mm ali ch plate is the stuff. Not exactly cheap unless you've got a local fabricator with offcuts….. or 18mm resin coated like some trailers have.

or two short scaffold planks either side. Cheap. Bit of paint with sand chucked in and jobs a good 'un. Plus if you loose the ramp the planks will do…

Fluff.

Been there done that. Too slippy in the rain and gets mouldy plus its a bugger to seal the edges and surfaces. 5mm ali ch plate is the stuff. Not exactly cheap unless you've got a local fabricator with offcuts….. or 18mm resin coated like some trailers have.

or two short scaffold planks either side. Cheap. Bit of paint with sand chucked in and jobs a good 'un. Plus if you loose the ramp the planks will do…

Fluff.

Re scaffold boards: you can buy these from Wickes and bolt them down to the chassis of the trailer. Chequer plates is probably the most correct way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom