The Finchingfield Lion, Finchingfield, Essex

bigmo476

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
First proper run on the GS since I bought it and the first of the year. I stopped in Finchingfield around 4pm and The Finchingfield Lion was the only place still serving food. The barman told me it used to be a biker friendly pub years ago but previously landlords had discouraged bikers. A new landlady has taken over and wants to encourage the bikers back. The food was good and really friendly staff.

It reopened just before Xmas and is decent enough now. Nice place for a ride round the countryside too.

An old buddy of mine, who lives nearby, reckoned it was the Villagers generally who wanted the bikers gone, rather than just the Publican. Not sure of the truth of it though; we all know how these tales get exaggerated for the sake of sensationalism. Indeed it only needs a small minority of nutters doing wheelies/stoppies/burnouts/speeding/noise to upset the locals.

Pretty village though - I'm sure they won't mind a few well behaved GSers in their midst.

In summer its a ridiculous amount of bikes going there now , pissing the locals off and throwing themselves at the scenery, used to like going there but heavy police presence on sunny days , speed traps and even the heli telly up far too often means finding more places to go !

It's a firm favourite for me:D just watch the slope... me mate toppled off his k1300 last year, :green gri but he is a shortarse :blast

Back
Top Bottom