New printer wanted - recommendations please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChasMill

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I want to replace my printer with a wireless printer / copier / scanner that is compatible with a Mac and isn't too heavy / expensive on ink.

Any words of wisdom gratefully received.

Apparently the HP multi function devices work well with a Mac.

Ive got an entry level Samsung M2070W. Great little printer but even after altering the IP address to be static, it still loses contact with the router after about 4 or 5 days of not being used.

To solve this you just need to re boot the printer and router. Bit of a pain in the A.

My pal has a HP and has no issues. It maybe our home network.

Incidentally when connected its really good MacBook iPads Phones old PC's all see it and print effortlessly. Wireless defo the way to go,

I like my Canon, as it has a good resolution on the flatbed scanner, and it also has a sheet-feeding scanner.

All the big brands Canon, HP, Epson have good software interfaces with pc/mac, - maybe someone with Which subscription can point to the best?

Al

I use a HP Colour Laser jet MFP M277dw with my mac stuff, had it twelve months spot on.

My HP 5532 is a year old (probably outdated now) cost around £70, prints wirelessly with all my Apple devices well recommended and I use their instant ink scheme which I also recommend.

Always had an Epson and they have been very good regardless of model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom