Travelling Lite - Around Europe on 650cc single.

jtw000

Reaction score
Some years ago, I took my then Thai girlfriend around Europe for a month on the back of my might BMW G650x Country. I was trying her out for a bigger trip and getting some practice myself. It was an easy ride, just the two of us, a reliable little bike and no schedule. Somehow reality veered off wildly from the plan and it ended up being an absolute mess. I've written a book about it which will be out in a few weeks under my new shiny writing name 'Jack Brewhouse.'
It reads like a guide of what not to do. I did everything right but somehow it all still found a way to go completely wrong. The sat-nav couldn't get out of the port car-park, the 'comfort-seat' pushed my nuts up into my chest and the girlfriend drove me to the brink of insanity and then a little bit further.
If a book which basically consists of a grown man moaning about things sounds like fun then your .99 cents might be well-spent.
Further info as things move along.

Jack

Some years ago, I took my then Thai girlfriend around Europe for a month on the back of my might BMW G650x Country. I was trying her out for a bigger trip and getting some practice myself. It was an easy ride, just the two of us, a reliable little bike and no schedule. Somehow reality veered off wildly from the plan and it ended up being an absolute mess. I've written a book about it which will be out in a few weeks under my new shiny writing name 'Jack Brewhouse.'
It reads like a guide of what not to do. I did everything right but somehow it all still found a way to go completely wrong. The sat-nav couldn't get out of the port car-park, the 'comfort-seat' pushed my nuts up into my chest and the girlfriend drove me to the brink of insanity and then a little bit further.
If a book which basically consists of a grown man moaning about things sounds like fun then your .99 cents might be well-spent.
Further info as things move along.

Jack

Well done Jack .... keep us updated :thumb

:beerjug:

Will do. For my BMW brethren, I'll do a free launch weekend too. On my website I'll release a short E-book as well about how to prepare an adventure bike for travel. This will, of course, be ironic since you'll very quickly spot that I haven't got the slightest clue about what it is that I'm doing.
There's also some bike-related fiction on my site, a mystery story involving a motorcycle competition and an 80s nostalgia thing that re-invents the classic action nonsense of retro TV with a motorcycle at the heart of the narrative. That one will also be free on the website. The site is getting a final polish now.
My other travel book, 'Those Two Idiots' will soon be re-launched on my new pen-name with a fresh polish and a better ending.

I don't know if it will be a 'good read' since it was only a ride around Europe. Mostly it's just poking fun at my stupidity and lack of experience. My website is having the kinks taken out of it, it should be fit for human consumption very soon with lots of free content, and the most expensive content is only going to be .99c. Those Two Idiots is getting professionally re-edited and will be shifted over soon, with a price drop to .99c. It would have been that price before but it wasn't possible with Amazon rules which my business-dude (who works for coffee and compliments) has now fixed.
I've actually taught him to ride a bike now, and he's really annoyed that I'm still really clueless about business and quite happy to leave it that way.

Please keep us updated on the book - I enjoyed the last one very much

Hi, your the guy that made me aware of how capable an xCountry is. I've taken mine down to the Gambia and to Iran. Will be interested to have a look on the website when it's ready.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to this, read 'Those Two Idiots' only a few months ago and also really enjoyed it.

Hat's off to you Sir! :thumb2

I'm blown away by the positive feedback and nice words. As a writer, all I usually get is stock letters telling me to go away. It's awesome that I might have inspired someone with my love of the BMW X-country. Sadly, she's retired now from long-distance travel and has begun the long journey back from being lent to Marcin for a trip around Asia. I got a phone-call from Thailand, "Jack, your bike is on fire. What should I do?"
I got that terrible sinking feeling you get when a policeman calls you 'sir.' "Well, is it still on fire?" I asked, knowing Marcin just too well.
"Yes. A little bit." he said in his silly accent.
"Well put the fire out and call me back!" I yelled at him.
I thought I could trust a qualified electrician and experienced adventurer to put a GPS unit onto the front of my bike. I was wrong. I stripped her to the bone, she's now being re-built as a street scrambler and relegated to spending the rest of her days having fun.
I'm planning another short trip in the summer. A few mates have got roped in to my next project 'All for Nothing.' We'll buy very, very cheap bikes in Cambodia and go on a giant pub-crawl around the whole country, selling the bikes when we get back. The idea being we should be able to show a profit on the bikes and actually tour the entire country for no money whatsoever. The dream is to take on the world RTW record.

The new book is up. Priced at .99, which is still too much for this rubbish. I was a little annoyed that I set the price at .99 cents and it set itself at .99p in UK money which is a bit of a rip-off but there's no way to change it.
I will do a free offer over this weekend for my fellow GS riders on this forum.
So it's the story of how one guy with a dream, moderate sociopathic tendencies, suicidal depression and a 650cc German/Italian motorcycle wobbled off around Europe with his irritating girlfriend in order to get a bit of experience. Along the way I went from being an utterly clueless moron perched on the back of a very ugly bike to slightly clued up idiot who thought he could take on the world.
If listening to me grumble for 85000 poorly-chosen words sounds like fun then this book might just be for you!

My website is almost there too. There is going to be some short stories, free novels, blogs and other things designed to both amuse, and insult your intelligence. My new sci-fi comedy (Serves. No Useful Purpose) came out too. Guaranteed to be the funniest book you've never heard of.

Many thanks for reading.

Jack

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XBN5...qid=1488113426&sr=8-1&keywords=jack+brewhouse

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XBN556...id=1488112944&sr=8-2&keywords=travelling+lite

FREE THIS WEEKEND

As promised, Travelling Lite will be FREE all through this weekend, Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th. It will be on US time so please make sure the download price is set to zero before you click.
All of my other fictional work is also free over the same weekend. There's a sci-fi comedy (warning, highly offensive, especially to ginger people) along with two short stories featuring the same characters.
There's also a motorcycle mystery drama about an online competition offering a share of £1million if you can solve the final puzzle. Again, it's all completely free over the weekend.

Many thanks to everyone from this forum who supported 'Those Two Idiots.' I hope Travelling Lite makes you smile. :bounce1

Jack

FREE THIS WEEKEND

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XBN556...id=1488112944&sr=8-2&keywords=travelling+lite

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XBN5...qid=1488113426&sr=8-1&keywords=jack+brewhouse

Free this weekend, until Monday at midnight, US time. Travelling lite, a simple tale of a month spent riding around Europe. You would think it would be easy, but I found a way to make it difficult.
Free this weekend, download it and still feel like you got ripped off.

https://www.amazon.com/Travelling-L...qid=1488621703&sr=8-1&keywords=jack+brewhouse

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Travelling...qid=1488621761&sr=8-1&keywords=jack+brewhouse

17155172_10212655906572115_1416042453415286459_n.jpg

Cheers Jack

looking forward to reading about your exploits. Sounds like it's in a similar vein to Mike Carter's Uneasy Rider:thumb

snowman ⛄

You'll be glad you got it for free, I can assure you of that. It's not an adventure by any means, it's just the journey of a man discovering what a twat he is. You'll see...

:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom