auritech ear plugs any good?

steadysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for some decent earlplugs. I seem to be slightly allergic to the 3M yellow disposable ones and wondered if anyone has tried the Auritech ones?
There seems to be loads of choice out there....
M&P Motorcycles sell the auritech ones at £20 and claim they filter noise out but still allow intercoms and relevant outside noise to get through.
Any info appreciated. Thanks.

I use them - much better than the foam type and I can hear the intercom etc. Come in a gucci little screw top metal container so easier not to lose too

I'm hesitating buying these. I've tried the same shape of plugs before and didn't really get on with them. I know these are probably much better quality, but I'd hate to spend £20 and find I didn't get on with them.

They come up a little on the small side, so it can be easy to push them too far into your ear if you

A. Have a big ear canal
B. Get too enthusiastic

I persevere with them anyhow as I can't find a better alternative which allows you to hear helmet speakers.

I'm hesitating buying these. I've tried the same shape of plugs before and didn't really get on with them. I know these are probably much better quality, but I'd hate to spend £20 and find I didn't get on with them.

Same thoughts here Davy, thought I would ask here first.
£20 does seem expensive when others that look the same are a couple of quid but without the claim to allow the right noises through. Already getting a bit of tinnitus,which my job won`t allow to get much worse due to regular hearing tests/medicals, combined with the allergy issue made me think about getting some decent ones.
Will give them a go I think.
Thanks for the replies.

I tried some of these and never had much luck. Found them uncomfortable and never sealed well.

Instead I went to see Micky of this parish and he made me a set for a very reasonable sum (tosser pricing)

These have been fantastic - they seal properly, are all day long comfortable and have a "speech valve" in so I can hear people speaking and my comms with no issues.

They were more expensive than £20 but tinnitus (I suffer) doesn't get any better and in my mind worth paying that type of money for as it stops it getting worse and even more intrusive.

Hth.

Tom

I went to see Micky of this parish and he made me a set for a very reasonable sum (tosser pricing)

Tom

My problem there is I don't know anyone who makes these over here and the ones I bought off (I think) Ultimate Ear never worked as they should.

Instead I went to see Micky of this parish and he made me a set for a very reasonable sum (tosser pricing)

Thanks Tom :thumb

My problem there is I don't know anyone who makes these over here and the ones I bought off (I think) Ultimate Ear never worked as they should.

I hope to have a'travel kit' with me for the Invasion of Donegal next month ... if you can make it?

:beerjug:

Thanks Tom :thumb

I hope to have a'travel kit' with me for the Invasion of Donegal next month ... if you can make it?

Interested in these Micky. Any more info on how to get some please? Do you do home visits or should I send my ears to you by recorded delivery or what? Thanks

That's another country, Micky.....:aidan

I've actually started to think that maybe I could start a business/service doing custom earplugs here. Don't know how to go about it, but presume it shouldn't be too difficult to get trained......:nenau

Interested in these Micky. Any more info on how to get some please? Do you do home visits or should I send my ears to you by recorded delivery or what? Thanks

Ha yes, but please mark them clearly 'left' and 'right' :eek:

Lincolnshire aint that far away, you're welcome to come to my home (DN4 8PJ) by appointment, kettle always on :thumb

PM me to arrange :thumb

That's another country, Micky.....:aidan

I've actually started to think that maybe I could start a business/service doing custom earplugs here. Don't know how to go about it, but presume it shouldn't be too difficult to get trained......:nenau

Aye I know Davy, but it would be a pleasant ride for ye :aidan

Contact any of the larger providers and get your feet under the table :thumb

It is expensive to set yourself up with the necessary kit. Public liability insurance costs me over £300.00 each year :eek:

Ha yes, but please mark them clearly 'left' and 'right' :eek:

Lincolnshire aint that far away, you're welcome to come to my home (DN4 8PJ) by appointment, kettle always on :thumb

PM me to arrange :thumb

Aye I know Davy, but it would be a pleasant ride for ye :aidan

Contact any of the larger providers and get your feet under the table :thumb

It is expensive to set yourself up with the necessary kit. Public liability insurance costs me over £300.00 each year :eek:

Thanks micky,
Gona try the auritech ones and will give you a shout,haha, if they are no good.

Another vote for ear plugs by Micky, I messed around for years trying different types, went to see Micky early last year and they have been perfect, good price too.

I have used auritech for a while but didn't get on with them. I have had to find a halfords on numerous occasions to borrow some long nosed pliers to fish them out of my lugs. Also find then uncomfy if they are in all day. I just use disposable foam ones at the mo, but hoping to get to see Micky in the spring :thumby:

Used these for the first time yesterday. A bit fiddly to get them in properly but once they are in they are better than the foam ones. I found them to be comfier and quieter, but still able to hear the intercom/radio. Bouncy little buggers when you drop them though:D

Back
Top Bottom