R1200R LC sidestand

Bones

Reaction score
Feckin useless. Bike is way too upright so that even a light gust would have it over. Anyone done a mod to improve? It sits next to my 06 GS which is too far the other way. You wouldn't have thought it's a difficult thing to get right would you? Thankfully it has a centre stand too

XR side stands lean far too far over as standard and I didn't feel confident using it until I fitted an extension foot.

XR side stands lean far too far over as standard and I didn't feel confident using it until I fitted an extension foot.

Same as my GS although after 11 years I don't suppose I will fix it now. Would rather have it that way than too upright as with the R

odd? Id get it checked as mine with a wunderlich enlarger seems to be OK though but I'll agree its a little upright but not as bad a smy KTM :eek:

Feckin useless. Bike is way too upright so that even a light gust would have it over. Anyone done a mod to improve? It sits next to my 06 GS which is too far the other way. You wouldn't have thought it's a difficult thing to get right would you? Thankfully it has a centre stand too

Couldn't agree more, did you discover a solution or have you gotten used to it?

Couldn't agree more, did you discover a solution or have you gotten used to it?

I just use the centre stand or the side stand if there is an incline on the road that gives the bike a bit of extra lean. A few mm less side stand length (difficult) or a few degrees more angle on the side stand (could it be bent out?) would see it fixed but it's fecking annoying.

Back
Top Bottom