HEX ezCAN

FOR INFO as per ICE-TAGS request.
Charges made by DHL.
Declared Invoice Total: ZAR (South African Rand) 2249.00 . At time of purchase: ZAR - 17.01 = GBP 1.00 - Therefore = £132.21 upon which duty & VAT payable.
Shipping does NOT incur a duty or VAT. ICE-TAGS Shipping Charge - ZAR 860.00 (£50.56).
DUTY Payable. £13.22 (10% of Invoice Total)
VAT Payable. £29.08 (20% of Invoice Total + Duty Payable)
DHL Disbursement Charge. £11.00

TOTAL CHARGE PAYABLE to DHL = £53.30.

So my TOTAL - £236.07

Same percentages would apply if the unit was purchased from the US.

Service from ICE-TAGS - Impeccable. !!! Just 7 days from Online Order to Receipt.

Charges made by DHL.
Declared Invoice Total: ZAR (South African Rand) 2249.00 . At time of purchase: ZAR - 17.01 = GBP 1.00 - Therefore = £132.21 upon which duty & VAT payable.
Shipping does NOT incur a duty or VAT. ICE-TAGS Shipping Charge - ZAR 860.00 (£50.56).

So my TOTAL - £236.07

Service from ICE-TAGS - Impeccable. !!! Just 7 days from Online Order to Receipt.
Thanks for all the info. Another customer in the UK ordered his ezCAN on Monday and received it on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Charges made by DHL.

So my TOTAL - £236.07

Is there any way of changing the options in the configuration?
Somewhat idiotic having 3 locked ranges for the outputs when they can have the amperage altered anyway.
Why is there no option to have the aux lights on the two 4A outputs, phone/accessory on a 10A and the brake lights on the last output?
Theres really no need to have two of the options having the horn in there when the lights and aux can be altered.

Oh - however "crimped" the stub connectors wants whatever tool they used taking off them and inserting somewhere.....

Import duties will be payable no matter where it is imported from. Obviously the exact amount depends on the Country.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not if you have a friend who lives in the USA and brings one across with them ;)

Got mine today :D

ICE-TAGS... I wonder if you might be able to help? The small rubber stopper rung that covers the USB port on the EZCan. Can spares be obtained? Mine disappeared during the movements I made in fitting the unit. I've temporarily covered the port with electrical tape but would rather have it "sealed" correctly.

ICE-TAGS... I wonder if you might be able to help? The small rubber stopper rung that covers the USB port on the EZCan. Can spares be obtained? Mine disappeared during the movements I made in fitting the unit. I've temporarily covered the port with electrical tape but would rather have it "sealed" correctly.
Hi, due the the opening being quite small in relation to a normal usb port, water can enter but only if forced. I closed the hole with some prestik. Its watertight and easy to remove. Yes I can send you a spare grommet but the cost will make you ill. Please let me know your thoughts. Len Nieuwoudt

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm guessing pressie is what we term blu-tac. If the price for the bit of rubber is that crazy, I guess I'll pass. Might be worth making them "tethered" to the main body though?

I'm guessing pressie is what we term blu-tac. If the price for the bit of rubber is that crazy, I guess I'll pass. Might be worth making them "tethered" to the main body though?

Why not get a normal balloon and put it over the end. I have done this anyway just as an extra precaution. simples and cheap. :beerjug:

I fitted one of these to my 15GS last weekend. I am in Australia, we have a local distributor and it cost AU$256 / UK156.

Very easy install and works right out of the box defaulted to Config 1. You can turn the lights on/off by pressing the indicator cancel button for 3 seconds. Left toggle the wonder wheel for 3 secs then use the WW to dim or bright the lights, this setting is saved for each of the low & high beam settings.

Connect the laptop and you can change the config, I left it on Config 1. This is 10A each for the first 2 outputs, my lights draw 3-4A each so I set the fuse to cover 1 & 2 @10A. you can then set the brightness per output for day and nite in low & high beam. There are options to turn the light off when indicator on, Alt flashing to hazard lights, strobe with horn and high beam flash.

The 3rd output is rated at 4A and is intended to be used as a secondary brake light like an LED strip. It has settings for flash on brake or deceleration (no brakes). The 4th output is also rated at 4A is intended to be a AUX power line for USB, GPS, etc. The overall current output of this device is rated at 28A continuous and it can handle spikes >28A for up to 20 seconds before popping the fuse.

Overall I rate this unit very highly for quality, ease of setup & use, the additional connectors and cables to allow you to connect all your devices, the features and the price.

If you use it with 1 circuit per light, can one Light switch off with indicators on, rather than both lights. The same as the hex ezcAn?

I suspect, like the EZcan, if you use separate sources for each light then when you indicate left, only the left light will turn off.

Need it confirmed before pushing the button, I suspect not, as it would need the unit to read the can bus signals differently

Good question which got me thinking... so I fired up my laptop to look at EZcan software and it shows the option to turn lights off when turn signal active.
On the Denali version, there is no such option
e61e1e568915b584d4bcda35c7b5a94f.jpg

9c2c79e5f8f4bf5b0c611fe141fef204.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if you can program the denali with the ezcan software.

If not looks like I will be paying the carrier 30 quid just to let me know there is a customs charge.

Back
Top Bottom