MT10 Tourer not quite a Tracer

wessie

Reaction score
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/hyper-naked/mt-10-tourer-edition.aspx

2017-Yamaha-MT10-Tourer-Edition-EU-Tech-Black-Studio-002.jpg

if those panniers are the same as the Tracer 900 ones then they are tiny, leak and fall off.

I like that! Just need to get rid of the cat.:rob

A lot of cracking bikes about at the moment, performance and practicality and take yer pick from several flavours.

Excellent time to be biking.

That will encroach on z1000sx sales a bit unless your wedded to green machines. A stonking engine....It should be fun.

I pass one (or he passes me going the other way) often...Sounds bloody awesome. Goes like stink. He always looks like he is holding back too!

Those panniers are quite ridiculous and with the frames are £500 which is even more ridiculous.:blast Yamaha don't mention the capacity for good reason , I expect its 30l combined. The rest is ok if you like that sort of thing

Looked at these. great bikes, problem is tank range of 80-90 miles if 'used'. Owners call them the empty 10 for good reason.

I did 18000miles on a Fz1s, puzzled by the tank slap remark above. Had to be one of the most stable bikes produced, even when ridden without due care and attention.

Could tour happily with more mpg, but sport tour and only one up.

Those panniers are quite ridiculous and with the frames are £500 which is even more ridiculous.:blast Yamaha don't mention the capacity for good reason , I expect its 30l combined. The rest is ok if you like that sort of thing

looks like the same, silly things they offer for the Tracer. Made by SW Motech but are tiny as you say. Also an odd shape, leak and on a friend's Tracer, came adrift from the mount. Fortunately he noticed before it fell off. He ditched them for Kriega soft luggage. I fitted Givi rails to my Tracer.

I wasn't too keen on the original MT10. Hopefully, they have made the seat more comfy on this Touring version.

That will encroach on z1000sx sales a bit unless your wedded to green machines. A stonking engine....It should be fun.

Yeah but all they have done is add the bits from the accessories brochure and sell it as a new model for those too lazy or stupid to do it for themselves !!!

I had exactly this bike in September last year.

All day comfy ! Did 680 miles in one day.Range to reserve the limiting factor at about 130.
c4fda2d81390df2627a76d31fded01d0.jpg

Really !, really really wish I'd bought the MT 10 instead.

Did my mate phone you btw about your plate ??

Totally different bikes though. You'd soon get fed up of the MT, just like Arsey did!:D

Yep, were in negotiations!:D

Totally different bikes though. You'd soon get fed up of the MT, just like Arsey did!:D

Yep, were in negotiations!:D

No I didnt get fed up of it at all.

My only reservation was the suspension was a tad choppy,a problem that the new SP version will fix.

I did more miles on my MT10 in 3 weeks than most will do all year !!!

Bet the slapper was the naked version...

Yes it was. 2014 version with 5,000 miles. It was OK if I rode it slowly but as soon as I gave it some beans, I had to back off or it would have thrown me off. Great engine and loved wheeling. Because I couldn't trust it I didn't enjoy riding it so it had to go.

Just ordered a new SP
The Ducati is going. , have ordered the panniers , has anyone got a better alternative than them fitted ?

Back
Top Bottom