K 75 Low seat / Standard Seat - Swap?

JH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I've decided to take my lad with me touring abroad this year as he has been working hard and doing well at school. So my current crop of bikes are not going to cut it for a weeks camping for the two of us, so I gave some thought to what I might fancy for this.

For some reason I kept coming back to a K75s. I used to ride K series bikes and always liked the smooth engine of the 75. The s being the best looking in my view, so I have been searching for a little while and have come across quite a few well used examples. But I have seen one that looks promising a couple of hours away so off to see it on Weds, Old chap owns it, 37K BM service history etc fan works, ABS works, Splines always greased etc etc.

However, it has the factory fitted low seat option on it, this will be something I will be looking to change if I buy, as I am over six feet tall and my lad is catching up fast. My question is, is there anyone here, or someone here, who knows of anyone who would be looking to swap low seat for a normal seat.

I understand the low seat option was always highly sought after, back in the day :augie

Just asking as to put it back to standard involves a few parts, seat, hinges, seat locks, side panels and probably a couple of other bits as well. The most effective way would be to find a swap if possible. If I might be able to secure a swap it might make the price more palatable, as the guy knows that his bike is a good 'un............

I'll be grateful for any help on this.

:thumb2

Fairly sure that I have a standard seat off a K100RS in the attic. Also, there's a chance that the Tony Archer which was on the bike when I sold it could be available as the guy I sold the bike to gave up biking and may still have it (he lives nearby). If either of these are potentially of interest then I'll check them out for you.

These do sound very much of interest. I'll come back to you after Weds but it could be the start of finding what I need.

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom