France - Crit D'Air Emissions Stickers

squibb34

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Another PITA scheme came into force in January 2017, for anyone travelling to La Belle France. I think it has been mentioned elsewhere, but we now have detail, in English, for those of us with only a smattering of essential French.

See the link: https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

Like many, I had rather hoped this would not apply to bikes, as the stickers, like Toll Vignettes cannot be kept secure, but seems like the French have decided otherwise. The scheme has taken effect in Paris, Grenoble & Lyon for now, but there are plans to expend it to many other cities idc. Amazingly Dunkirque is on the list - anyone who has ridden past their local industrial areas can but agree that this is laughable.

Applications for the relevant sticker are accepted on-line only, as I understand it, presumably in order to maintain a robust central database (HaHa)

Any GSers travelling to/near any of the affected areas this season, will need to take heed. I think I shall just pass this year, until the scheme settles down. As these LEZs extend all around Europe, our bikes will be covered in stickers at this rate. Surely this is an area where the EU could get involved, rather than just imposing fines on member States where air quality is poor, then leaving them to create LEZs piecemeal.

As news of these outrages come in thick and fast, I've stickied this latest one.

The stickers are easy to apply for and dead easy to stick on. Nobody is going to steal them.

It's the first time on this site that I've seen an appeal for the EU to become deeply involved on a federal basis, rather than leaving it to local elected councils to set their own agendas on traffic movements and pollution.

As news of these outrages come in thick and fast, I've stickied this latest one.

The stickers are easy to apply for and dead easy to stick on. Nobody is going to steal them.

It's the first time on this site that I've seen an appeal for the EU to become deeply involved on a federal basis, rather than leaving it to local elected councils to set their own agendas on traffic movements and pollution.

Well , we are sailing from Hull, and returning to Hull this year, so with a bit of luck we wont have to trouble the frogs .

The UK Registration Certificate doesn't say which Euro (1,2,3,4) my motorbike falls into.

According to the French site linked above you have to sent a copy of your Registration Cert as proof of which category your vehicle falls into.

So how can they tell if it doesn't say on the certificate.

Dunno...doesn't say on mine either so I guess there is a separate class for m/cycles....went through anyway.

If you look at the French website, which, oddly, is in French, it depends on the date of first reg, which will govern which regs apply.

Here is the list of further cities/areas in France, planning to follow the lead from Paris. No dates yet though: -

Avignon, Faucigny, Glières, Bonneville, Arras, Lille, Annemasse, Le Havre, Bordeaux, Montpellier, Cannes, Reims,
Clermont-Ferrand, Rouen, Champlan, Saint-Etienne, Côte Basque-Adour, Strasbourg, Dunkerque, Saint Maur-des-Fossés,
Dijon, Toulouse, Epernay, Vallée de la Marne.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...s-new-eco-sticker-vehicles.html#ixzz4ZyqU8SZP

.................... KEN

Air Quality certificates French emmission charges

Just completed application for a sticker to use the emission zones in France.

Was fairly painful as the majority was in French had to use Google translate to complete.

UK and Channel Islands were not included in the dropdown menu for country residence I ended up using Ireland.

This application was for my car for an up coming ski trip, but didn't realise that Motorbikes were not exempt.

Going to have to complete one for the bike too what a pile of pish!!

Bureaucracy at its finest :augie

HHmm I was taken to the French site via a google search, first page was fine it had an option for English there after all other pages were in French so I trawled through it using translate

Wish Id had your link to start with :mad:

Have looked through this but can't find the pages that describes the areas in France that are covered by this requirement.

Is it all of France?

Nope all Paris & ring road, Lyon and Grenoble.

Thanks.

No effect on me then Calais > Metz > Germany > Garmisch.:D

There is a 'sticky' in the France travel section guys - covers the current situation as well as the other cities/areas expected to join the scheme later

I still have no helmet stickers, no hi-viz vest, no breathalyser, little respect for their puny 56mph limit on rural roads and they are lucky if I can bother to swap to riding on the other side of the road on some occasions, not going to worry too much about this requirement.

HHmm I was taken to the French site via a google search, first page was fine it had an option for English there after all other pages were in French so I trawled through it using translate

Wish Id had your link to start with :mad:

HTH

:aidan

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 857
Yep clicked the union jack the English evaporated as soon as the form loaded :blast

Back
Top Bottom