France - Crit D'Air Emissions Stickers

When you get to filling in the details ......
The serial number they ask for is the VIN number.
They want a pdf of your V5c Reg Doc. .... you have to reduce it to 400kb (major faff.)
There is a list of proposed zones where this is going to come into force during the next few years.
All subsequent e-mails etc are in foreign.

As far as I can tell these things only apply if you are on actual city streets. For example you don't need one if you are travelling on the autoroutes through Lyon even though they go right through the centre.

Surely, unless you are about to leave next week, it is far easier to lash what £4 & get the sticker sorted if you are planning to visit France from now on.

When touring, you never really know where you might wash up. Maybe a problem with the bike, maybe just ambling around with no specific plan - who wants to be faced with an annoying on-the-spot fine. I know it's yet another PITA to have to consider, but like road tax vignettes elsewhere, it's a fact of life when visiting certain foreign countries. It's all a personal choice; each to their own of course.

When you get to filling in the details ......
The serial number they ask for is the VIN number.
They want a pdf of your V5c Reg Doc. .... you have to reduce it to 400kb (major faff.)
There is a list of proposed zones where this is going to come into force during the next few years.
All subsequent e-mails etc are in foreign.
Just a minor correction
I submitted my applications on the 1st possible day non French vehicles could. The serial number you put is the number on the front of your V5 which is on the front page on the right hand middle, which is the same number you would quote for SORN etc, I actually put the serial number in the round box at the top right corner, maybe any number will do, but they made me re-submit using the number you`d use for SORN etc.
Pdf files are unacceptable the website wont allow you to upload them, as I found out, only image files (jpeg bmap) are allowed. after several attempts I managed to get the file size down to 396mb. But you only need to scan page 2 with the technical specs on and upload that. Despite both my car and bike being registered at separate addresses I`ve managed to apply for both of them together and have them delivered to 1 address. After 3 weeks and the occasional look at tracking my application I received 2 emails (1 for each vehicle) with my receipt which informed me that both vehicles (diesel car and petrol bike) are class 3. I await the delivery of the actual discs, next week??
How difficult was it to do? ..... quite easy actually, aided by the use of a fee free credit card
If you want to check the progress of your order, there is a link at the bottom of the page or https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/suivi, you need to submit the email address you used and the order number, then check the I am not a robot box before submitting

As for the emails being in foreign, I was under the impression they where in French :augie
But the initial confirmation email after submitting the order is in English,
Dear Peirre O`Bollox,
Thank you for completing an Air Quality Certificate Order. It is currently being processed.
Your order number is 123123456789. This number allows you to track your order. We advise you to keep it carefully.
Please find the registration required below:
Registration number(s) :
XXXX XXX
XXXX XXX

Your feedback will improve customer service and make it easier for everyone. Do not hesitate to send us your observations on our website www.certificat-air.gouv.fr.
Yours sincerely,
The Air Quality Certificate Service
This message is automatic, please do not reply to it. To contact us, please use contact@certificat-air.gouv.fr
and the email you receive with the receipt/Fracture attached is in French (see below)
Facture et justificatif : certificat de qualité de l'air
Madame, Monsieur,
Nous vous prions de bien vouloir trouver en pièce jointe votre facture relative à votre commande de certificat de qualité de l’air concernant le véhicule immatriculé XXXXXXX.
Votre certificat sera expédié prochainement par courrier à l’adresse où le véhicule est enregistré.
Dans l’attente, cette facture vous permet de justifier de votre démarche et du classement de votre véhicule.
Veuillez agréer, Madame, Monsieur, nos salutations distinguées.
Le service de délivrance des certificats de qualité de l’air
Ce message est automatique, veuillez ne pas y répondre. Pour nous contacter, merci d’utiliser l’adresse contact@certificat-air.gouv.fr
Did I actually need them? Probably not atm, but as I like to travel to the Alps its likely I going to find myself staying overnight in 1 of the cities other than Paris that are effected, and £4 each isn't going to break the bank

Ach well...I put in the VIN no and its all gone through and acknowledged....just need to wait for the cert now.

Does anyone know how long they last? If it's for the life of the vehicle then great but if it has to be renewed annually it'll be a pain in the bum.

I cannot see how applying for a paper disc/license will cut down on pollution? I could understand if they banned vehicles over a certain age entering cities but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

It strikes me as being a load of typical EU waste of time bollocks

Ach well...I put in the VIN no and its all gone through and acknowledged....just need to wait for the cert now.

Me too. Vin number and have received the e-mails including the one with the little picture of the actual sticker they are sending.
I guess they are a bit confused while it all beds in.

Does anyone know how long they last? If it's for the life of the vehicle then great but if it has to be renewed annually it'll be a pain in the bum.

I cannot see how applying for a paper disc/license will cut down on pollution? I could understand if they banned vehicles over a certain age entering cities but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

It strikes me as being a load of typical EU waste of time bollocks

AFAIK it's a Frech initiative, nothing to do with the EU.

I may be wrong but from my understanding vehicles pre Euro 1 can't get a disc (at least I couldn't seem to get one for my '76 Guzzi) so if that's correct they are banning older vehicles?

Andres

AFAIK it's a Frech initiative, nothing to do with the EU.

I may be wrong but from my understanding vehicles pre Euro 1 can't get a disc (at least I couldn't seem to get one for my '76 Guzzi) so if that's correct they are banning older vehicles?

Andres

Take a test ride on a new Guzzi, borrow the details from that. Change your plate if you plan to go into Paris, or any of the other Gardens of Eden they are implementing these thefts.

A number of cities across mainland Europe that suffer particular pollution problems are driving this. The germans have been issuing Environmental/Pollution discs for vehicles for many years. The french are catching onto the practice, although their discs are of a different design and colour.

Then, when cities bring in their pollution exclusion zones, only cars with a certain colour disc will be allowed in.

the British approach is different, in that they are using ANPR which works fine with UK registered cars, but does not help catch cars coming from overseas.

Has anyone who`s ordered these stickers, actually received theirs yet?
Or are you still waiting delivery despite your order showing that its been processed

The four I ordered were delivered today. Slick service, easy to order and prompt delivery: ordered 4th March and so delivered 7 days later

Nope not got mine yet although I did get an email confirming its been sent.

Got mine too.
French letter, though.

Back
Top Bottom