France - Crit D'Air Emissions Stickers

I've just got one, but it is rather large than I was expecting. Do I have to display it, or store it about by person.... Don't really want to stick it to the inside of my screen.

I've just got one, but it is rather large than I was expecting. Do I have to display it, or store it about by person.... Don't really want to stick it to the inside of my screen.

It must be on display on the front of the Bike or you’d may as well not have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to get hold of Bear and ask if he’ll reproduce one for me with his crayons. His previous art work suggests he’ll do a good job and I can go back to worrying about my bike being nicked rather than me being nicked.

Looks like my 1992 R100GS isn't eligible for a sticker, perhaps they could employ a person to run ahead of me through the zone waving a flag so the crowds could don gas masks or seek shelter. :D I think I'd just take my chances, particularly so if I was keen to see some particular sight, it is France after all and they have a fondness for us Irish :aidan which might result in a lecture and a blind eye from a Gendarme. I'll do some research before a trip and get some notion of where the zones are and see if there is some way of asking a phone based nav app to steer me clear of them.

Looks like my 1992 R100GS isn't eligible for a sticker, perhaps they could employ a person to run ahead of me through the zone waving a flag so the crowds could don gas masks or seek shelter. :D I think I'd just take my chances, particularly so if I was keen to see some particular sight, it is France after all and they have a fondness for us Irish :aidan which might result in a lecture and a blind eye from a Gendarme. I'll do some research before a trip and get some notion of where the zones are and see if there is some way of asking a phone based nav app to steer me clear of them.

Not quite what you want, but there is a Green Zones App as zone accessibility varies in some areas; depends on air quality at that specific time .... https://www.green-zones.eu/en/green-zones-app/info-green-zones-app.html. However, don't link from this into buying a sticker for France - use the link to the official site at the start of this thread.

Sadly it's so easy for officialdom to target the non-res biker wherever, so you will need the luck of the Irish in central Paris for instance. You could always base outside zone & take the Chemin de Fer.

In Lyon at the moment. I seem to be the only vehicle with s sticker.

In Lyon at the moment. I seem to be the only vehicle with s sticker.

I know how you feel. Was at Lyon Crown Plaza for a meeting in Jan. Chained bike up outside to bike stands and no problem. Hotel staff were telling me I needed one every bloody day. Got one when got back and then at the Lyon conference centre in March - rode round Lyon over three days, didn't see a single one! That said my mate just got €120 bill for not having one on his bandit when in Paris for work in Jan. it is the cost of fine plus recovery agency fee! He challanging it as he thinks its a blag.

I know how you feel. Was at Lyon Crown Plaza for a meeting in Jan. Chained bike up outside to bike stands and no problem. Hotel staff were telling me I needed one every bloody day. Got one when got back and then at the Lyon conference centre in March - rode round Lyon over three days, didn't see a single one! That said my mate just got €120 bill for not having one on his bandit when in Paris for work in Jan. it is the cost of fine plus recovery agency fee! He challanging it as he thinks its a blag.

I was in Biarritz, Saumur, Vichy, Besançon and Strasbourg and saw them on vehicles in each town. My friend who lives near Strasbourg was curious about what it was for...and he's French:D

Anyone know of a site that gives up to date info on where restrictions are in place? Like a muppet I forgot about this !

Anyone know of a site that gives up to date info on where restrictions are in place? Like a muppet I forgot about this !

Being France, they have the right to impose restrictions anywhere, anytime, when there is a pollution emergency - with high temps in Europe currently issues could emerge just about anywhere.

Here is a link to the current Europe Map - https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/france. I believe there is an App available from your friendly I-store too, which is probably more reliable.

Best get a sticker for peace of mind, only 3.11 Euros from the Official site.

And ............. don't forget those 80 Kph limits.

Being France, they have the right to impose restrictions anywhere, anytime, when there is a pollution emergency - with high temps in Europe currently issues could emerge just about anywhere.

Here is a link to the current Europe Map - https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/france. I believe there is an App available from your friendly I-store too, which is probably more reliable.

Best get a sticker for peace of mind, only 3.11 Euros from the Official site.

And ............. don't forget those 80 Kph limits.

I would get one but I leave tomorrow, not sure France is that quick :doris

Have been getting lots of miles in here since September last year.
No yellow vest
No breathalyser
No helmet sticker
...crit air
..or anything else that I didnt use to carry in UK.

Just driving license, logbook and insurance.

French motards dont seem fussed either.

The latest I hear from France relates to anyone using WAZE, which is to be brought into the existing SatNav camera alert legislation, as it provides live info.

Apparently from 2020, locating Police speed checks, or even cash machines allegedly, with Waze or other warning apps is to be more strictly framed.

It is rumoured that operators of applications that do not comply with these new upcoming rules will risk two years imprisonment and 30,000 euros fine - seems a tad OTT if correct.

Back
Top Bottom