France - Crit D'Air Emissions Stickers

eBay has CE stickers galore. Crit d’Air will be along soon.

Italy used similar rules to scrap all cars older than a certain point. A fiend had a fantastic (for its age) Fiat Uno. Exhaust was so clean the tester had to stick the analyser on his own car just to get a reading.
But the Uno was old so it had to go. Nothing to do with government scappage money for Fiat or whoever.

Unstuck, as hopefully everyone has now worked out how the stickers work, that they have not brought about the end of the world and that nobody wants to go to Paris or Lyon anyway.

Unstuck, as hopefully everyone has now worked out how the stickers work, that they have not brought about the end of the world and that nobody wants to go to Paris or Lyon anyway.

Effectivement!

Also, I now have a pretty little purple sticker in the corner of my car's windscreen that says 'J'ai été à Paris et je suis très chic et super cool..........'

Certainly far better bragging rights than a Eurotunnel GB sticker :)

Andres

They've only just centralised the registration system, until last month you had to go to your local Prefecture and there was no national database

They centralised the registration database 5 years ago, or more.
Since last Nov, all registrations are on-line. Its a shambles as the same individuals that worked in the Prefectures still have to go through it manually.

They centralised the registration database 5 years ago, or more.
Since last Nov, all registrations are on-line. Its a shambles as the same individuals that worked in the Prefectures still have to go through it manually.

I know, I sold my car just before christmas, luckilly to a guy I work with cos it was a complete clusterfuck

If you are planning on going to France without a Crit air sticker, it might be worth checking out this list of zones
https://www.crit-air.fr/en/information-about-the-critair-vignette/french-environmental-zones-zcr/french-environmental-zones.html

Interesting the way the zones are evolving. However guys, don't order your sticker through this link (German intermediary), or you will pay a premium. Use the official site - the link is posted on page 1 of this thread.

Interesting the way the zones are evolving. However guys, don't order your sticker through this link (German intermediary), or you will pay a premium. Use the official site - the link is posted on page 1 of this thread.

Will you be prosecuted for showing a sticker in an area where there are no restrictions .

Will you be prosecuted for showing a sticker in an area where there are no restrictions .
Everything is forbidden unless specifically permitted. Everything that is permitted is compulsory.

I can't see why you would :nenau

We spent a week travelling north through France in the car displaying a little purple sticker on the screen last autumn. No issues one way or another. One thing that made me laugh though was, despite staying three days in Paris and using the car to get around there I did not notice any other cars with stickers.

Andres

I expect the locals consider it another Tourist Tax to be applied only to British pigs.

Everything is forbidden unless specifically permitted. Everything that is permitted is compulsory.

I can't see why you would :nenau

We spent a week travelling north through France in the car displaying a little purple sticker on the screen last autumn. No issues one way or another. One thing that made me laugh though was, despite staying three days in Paris and using the car to get around there I did not notice any other cars with stickers.

Andres

Well I was assuming; one size fits all; although I know this is France we are talking about; so if you was to buy the sticker for the most expensive area; you should but covered to go where, and when you want. What's the price of the stickers; and do they last for the year?

Cost about £3.50. Last for life of vehicle. Easy to get direct...do not go to any of the sites that claim it's 29 euro or whatever...
Oddly the whole dept we visit has 'signed up'. It is the least populated dept in France, feck all pollution but millions of trees. Odd. Wonder if they get some cash from the Govt for being signed up ?

Cost about £3.50. Last for life of vehicle. Easy to get direct...do not go to any of the sites that claim it's 29 euro or whatever...
Oddly the whole dept we visit has 'signed up'. It is the least populated dept in France, feck all pollution but millions of trees. Odd. Wonder if they get some cash from the Govt for being signed up ?

Cheers for that; can you get these stickers at post offices and places like that , the same as you used to do with vignettes.

Cheers for that; can you get these stickers at post offices and places like that , the same as you used to do with vignettes.

On line.
Link in first post of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom