garmisch

Deleted account 220427001

Reaction score
Hello im thinking of doing garmisch in july I think ??? how long it take to get there from hook of Holland to garmisch might do it on my gs1150 or k1100lt need loads of advice as well .aka sheene

557 miles (direct route) = Two easy days riding or one day pressing on.
That Wapping chap may be along soon to fill you in on the finer points.:thumb

Consult with the Ride Magazine routes page. You can string a few good roads together and make a good holiday of about 7 to 9 days of it. The show itself can be walked through in half a day. The Saturday evening is the party and that is the highlight. The Germans know how to party. You can catch the train to go to Zugspitze or take the walking route by the river if you fancy a change. Usually there is a ride out on the Saturday to a few good roads in the area. Of course you are not restricted to go to Garmish and back. Not far away is the Stelvio, Austria and Italy (the Dolomites) is on your doorstep and Switzerland is but a mornings ride away. From Hook of Holland you have a few good regions you can pass through. The Ardennes, Luxemberg, Mossel valley, Black Forrest and the German Alps or an alternative to the Mossel valley and Black Forest the North and South Vosges. The Romantic route goes that way North to South and ends in Garmish I believe. If you have the time and have never visited the BMW museum in Munich then do it. Easy to find, just look out for the BMW tower.

557 miles (direct route) = Two easy days riding or one day pressing on.
That Wapping chap may be along soon to fill you in on the finer points.:thumb

Did it in one day to a village south of Garmisch across the border in Austria .. Tedious though :thumb

Also did it on one of those dog slow 85bhp 1150GSs two up . How the hell did we manage in those days without 130bhp , ESA, riding modes, traction control and cornering ABS:augie ( Did the Nurburgring and the inside of a Durch Police station for speeding on the way back too and I didn't even have an R or XR sticker on my bike):D

Garmich

Had a ride down through Germany on my FJ1200, nice and easy. Planned to stop overnight in Ulm but it was so nice stayed for 2. We then had a lovely run to Garmich. Visit castle Neuschwanstein, it's fabulous. Take the horse and carriage up the hill though.

Going this year but heading to gros lockner first then catch garmisch on way home this be my 4th time cany bet it ;-)

Is the BMW Motorrad weekend any good, or is it one of those seen/done everything in a day?

Yes in my opinion.

Arrive early as possible from wherever you are. Pitch up. Mooch about all afternoon see the sites and bikes etc enjoy the evening in the food/ beer hall. Then leave to suit yourself the following day. Don't get me wrong It's good to go etc But you've so many good places to ride to so why waste time.

I went with mates for the duration and was bored after a day. That's just me though. I'm sure there's plenty here who'll disagree.

Cheers

Clive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom