Bar vibes

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've owned my XR1200 for around 18 months or so,I love the bike but I'm struggling to ride more than around 60 miles without getting severe pins and needles in my throttle hand.its getting to the point of selling it as I can't really face the discomfort.I also ride a 1948 Matchless G80 which I can ride all day with no problem.
It's got heated grips fitted so I have tried having them switched on and off makes no difference :nenau:nenau

have you tried those foam type over grips?
I had them on my GSA ,seemed to work but the grips are quite thick on the XR so with the grip puppy's on top I think they would be uncomfortable

I've owned my XR1200 for around 18 months or so,I love the bike but I'm struggling to ride more than around 60 miles without getting severe pins and needles in my throttle hand.its getting to the point of selling it as I can't really face the discomfort.I also ride a 1948 Matchless G80 which I can ride all day with no problem.
It's got heated grips fitted so I have tried having them switched on and off makes no difference :nenau:nenau

How many miles has the bike done ?

My RR has done 2000 and it vibes but not enough to give me any issue

Seriously.... if it's only your throttle hand..are you gripping it too hard? Relax a bit..

The vibes do seem to have a natural resonance with your hands . I tried everything to stop it including relaxing , but it seems just miles on the bike sorts it out . Classic BMW trait !

Bar end weights. Proper steel ones not poncey ally ones.

The XR is, I think, rubber mounted... unless someone's swapped out the mounts for solid ones? Shouldn't be "vibey" really. Feel sorry for us with solid mounted engines...

Your never going to eliminate the vibes on any bike . The problem is the resonance is the same as a human !!

How many miles has the bike done ?

My RR has done 2000 and it vibes but not enough to give me any issue

Bikes done 9850 miles,it's got Oberon bar end led indicators,I may try some steel bar end weights ,if I can't get it sorted I'll be moving it on.

Bikes done 9850 miles,it's got Oberon bar end led indicators,I may try some steel bar end weights ,if I can't get it sorted I'll be moving it on.

Probably needs a good thrashing then , with that many miles on it .

Back
Top Bottom