Improved comfort

steveC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike R1200r 2011 classic.

I have always felt a bit cramped on the bike. ( 6ft 32" inside leg ) Previous bike was a 2015 GS. So I treated myself to a foot peg lowering kit and a bar riser kit. NN supplied the goods and I fitted them this weekend. The foot peg kit came with a brake line extension. It said probably not needed. Well I thought I would try and persuade the brake line to accept its lower position. It seemed a bit much so I fitted the extension piece supplied. So it meant of course a bleed of the rear brake system. As its a none abs I did a complete flush, seeing I had to break the seal on the fluid I did the front as well.

It didn't take long to flush the front, the discolouration in the front circuit was more pronounce then the rear. A ride out today provide the benefit of the mods.

http://cycle-ergo.com

The above link is a tool I found useful in deciding what route to take to improve my riding comfort. Hope you may find it useful as well.

Just had another fuel strip fitted last week( warranty ) thats the third one. I think the R1200r is good value when you compare it against some of the other models with almost identical spec.

Will look into that. I'm 33" inside leg and do find it a bit tight but have added a sheepskin cover to raise the seat a bit. Are you sure non ABS thought all Classics came standard with ABS?

Hi Ted, Yes no abs, no magic suspension, tyre pressure monitors etc. It has heated grips onboard computer the list stops there. I thought of the raised comfort seat, extra 30mm but the option of the foot peg lowering kit was less than half the price. If you want I can pm you a few photos.

I got the idea of the bar risers from you some months back. Nice easy fit and no mods for the cables.

Thanks Steve, got some bar raisers. Its my wifes bike so although I take it out to give it a run now and then. She is shorter than me so need to be sure she doesn't have any problems. Will have a look at the lower pegs and do some measuring.. Spent a few bob, as you do, swapping to alloys as wires a pain when punctured. So promised not to spend any more..:green gri

Back
Top Bottom