First annual service done Saturday

Adventure Boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had he first annual service done on Saturday
told the tech dude that the heated grips were shocking
the quickshift both up and down felt jerky and it was much smoother using the clutch
and that the dynamic brake light didnt seem to be working no matter how hard I hit the brakes!!

His replies were as follows
The heated grips on the XRs is a bit of a compromise to be honest as its a sports bike, i replied so sport bike riders dont get cold hands then ??
he reset and re learned the quickshifter ??
and told me that the dynamic brake light is working and turned on but its impossible to get it to work falsely no matter how hard you brake as it only does its flashy thing in an emergency !! how does the bike know its a fekking emergency ive got both brakes pinned with the ABS working on both wheels from 60 to 0 in about 18 feet with the son in law checking the back light and almost ramming me right up the top box now if thats not an emergency stop then im bollocksd
anyway £201.56 later I was off and the quickshift does work better LOL

I'm just curious, why is the brake fluid changed at first service?

Andres

BMW have it in the service schedule that at the anual / 6K service includes brake fluid change

Just another way of wringing cash from punters although mine didnt cost as much as the OP and I have my 12K service booked for £170

To make BMW Some Money Andres !! although mine was quite discolored looking at it after the service
I would do it my self but the warrantee states that it has to be serviced by a VAT registered garage using genuine approved BMW Parts, so maybe after thats run out i will as im not sure I will take up the 3rd and 4th year @£350.00 per year :eek:

Amazing car's can last 3 years before needing a brake fluid change and other bike manufacturers 2 years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair enough :D Mind you, the fluid on my 1190 was pretty much black by it's first annual service - didn't change it until the second one though......it'll be interesting to see how it goes from now on as it was quite discoloured from new :)

Andres

You don't normally keep bikes long enough to worry about service intervals ;)

You don't normally keep bikes long enough to worry about service intervals ;)

LOL your right, although ive had this for 3 months now, im going for a record with this one,

How you doing mate still got that Browning ?? or was it the Beretta I cant remember think im getting Sometimers
Rob

'Twas the Beretta, and yes it's still tucked away :cool:

Got a couple of Semi's if you know anyone Paul, Matching his and hers 12g and 20g in camo

Back
Top Bottom