Sena 10r....anyone got one.

Deleted account 220319001

Reaction score
Anyone got the low profile Sena 10r and like to comment on it ? Read and watched a few reviews which are mainly positive but one or two questioning how easy or difficult the buttons are to use.

I went from Autocom to mine, wouldn't go back
sound quality and no mic opening while riding is a big plus

How is the operation of the buttons with gloves on ? As I already have a 10u in another helmet so I know how good the sound is.

I went from a SMH10R to the 20S on my new helmet.

I originally had the SMH10R as I preferred the low profile look and did not want the big carbunkle on the side of my helmet. Ifound the operation of the buttons on the SMH10R problematic/hit and miss. Not a real problem as I am not a great chatter when riding, so left it to my pillion to initiate intercom chats. But, when getting a unit for my new helmet, I decided to put up with the 'carbunkle'. Initiating a conversation is a piece of ****: just dab a flat palm on the button on the side of the helmet.

So, overall, I would recommend the conventional unit over the slimline one

How is the operation of the buttons with gloves on ? As I already have a 10u in another helmet so I know how good the sound is.
no problem for me, I listen to the Iphone streaming internet radio and can turn the volume up/down at a single press,pause the Iphone and fast forward the streaming when it has buffers enough
As I said I like mine

What button is used to initiate a conversation and end one ?

the middle button, one tap for conversation start and stop. hold for 2 seconds to start /stop music.

very low profile and on some helmets the battery can be concealed inside rather than on show at the rear.

Yes the 10r is superb, I bought one for the reason stated in the thread too, as i didn't want something big ,just stuck to the side of my lid. I use it mainly connected to an SR10 too with a PTT button. This way i have both hands on the bars all the time. Never used it for rider to pillion or rider to another rider via bluetooth. Im sure it would work very well though as its a great bit of equipment.

The battery life is around 5 hours, depending on use of course. It advertises to last longer but i have never seen that .

My husband has the 10 r
It seemed good initially, but a day's ride in torrential rain stopped it from working. ( it was excessively wet) It had to be returned and replaced - he hasn't used the new one yet so I can't comment on the replacement.
My 10c managed ok and worked well during and after the tsunami we appeared to be riding in.

I have a 10R and am not impressed. The battery unit on mine is fcuked after less than 2 years and trying to get hold of a replacement has been a regal pain in the arse. Lots of promises of availability on multiple websites until you try to order one then it all goes very quiet. My local Sena dealer has been trying to get me one for a year now and has just about given up. As for Sena themselves? Fcuking useless.
Ideally I'd like to go back to a wired intercom system.

10R is fine ! But the 20 has better sound, easier to use (as someone posted above) and a better battery.

Get the latest kit (20s)

The 20 does seem very good but hideously over sized. If bloody sena would just get back to me whether the remote can be paired to two different models at the same time the button operation wouldn't be an issue.

The 20 does seem very good but hideously over sized. If bloody sena would just get back to me whether the remote can be paired to two different models at the same time the button operation wouldn't be an issue.

I got used to its size, the so called glove friendly buttons aren't, however! 20s is just "OK", not useless by any means and so much better than autocom to set up and use, possibly having just about got to that point sena ran out of steam, since whilst it does OK it could have been so much better

sena confirmed to me (getting them to admit it was like getting the truth out of a politician) that the wristband remote ( which I thought I wanted because I struggle with buttons out of sight due to numb finger ends) does not have the ambient mode button on it, handy when off bike paying for petrol etc where in ear monitors and helmet make it even harder to hear chatter!
So, remote is not really good enough to justify its pricetag!

Sena device manager is clunky looking lump of poo....designed to look retro I guess, you know, back when apps were written soley for programmers to understand and use, they certainly nailed that alright!
It doesn't even tell you what devices the sena is paired with currently, even my 6 year old car can tell me that!

theoretically you can give feedback through their forums, but usually any suggestions to improve product is met with a deafening silence, so customer relations is very week, like many macho companies they cant accept they do not know best!

I have a 10R and am not impressed. The battery unit on mine is fcuked after less than 2 years and trying to get hold of a replacement has been a regal pain in the arse. Lots of promises of availability on multiple websites until you try to order one then it all goes very quiet. My local Sena dealer has been trying to get me one for a year now and has just about given up. As for Sena themselves? Fcuking useless.
Ideally I'd like to go back to a wired intercom system.

I'll have ice cream with that humble pie please sir. :blush
Looks like the replacement batteries have been despatched by FCMoto today.
Let's hope they last longer than the original.

Back
Top Bottom